Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2018, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Alan, have you had a chance to watch the latest Arrow episode? If so, what did you think of the future scenes? It's ironic because Arrow this season probably would be a show I'd enjoy since I love the time travel, future storylines, stuff like that, lol.
Yeah. I've seen it. I wanted to love this season since it's got an entirely new creative team and all, but so far my reaction has been mostly....meh. The only part of the show I like right now is the stuff set in Star City. The Oliver in jail stuff is just boring, and the future stuff so far has showcased all my least favorite characters. Plus, the whole Felicity reveal in the future is just cheap because everyone knows that is going to prove untrue. I've watched TV before.

I'm not even a little invested in the future storyline, which is odd because I should really be wondering how things got to this dystopian place, but I just don't care. Part of it is my loathing for Diaz as the overarching bad guy, because he pretty much sucks. I like the actor that plays him, but I hate the character, and I think they've elevated him too much on the show.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Thanks and for the Friends one, too!

I only watched a few of those shows with those couples listed. Keith/Karen, most certainly.

I saw this comment about the Losties couple and amazingly, it was my entire process:

Quote:
It was really sad. Like really, really sad.

Jin’s decision to stay and die with Sun was also heavily criticized, because he had a chance to leave and raise their daughter.

At the time, I felt like people were overreacting; Sun was the love of his life, and he promised that he would never leave her again. It was poetic and heartbreaking.

That was six and a half years ago. Now, I understand the criticism, and I think it's warranted. A father wouldn't make that decision, and Sun really was urging him to go. I'm not sure that Damond Lindelof and Carleton Cuse made the wrong decision necessarily, considering they're the ones who put Sun and Jin in this position in the first place, but I think it was the easier one to make. It was the easier one to write, and it broke hearts fast and effectively. It gave the remaining four candidates some real stakes.

But if Jin had survived for his daughter, the stakes would have been even higher. And Sun’s death would've been even more heartbreaking. She came back to this island to rescue her husband, and would have ended up dying to do so. Their daughter would have carried on Sun’s legacy.

Ultimately, I personally think they should have written Jin to escape, get on that Ajira plane, and go raise his beautiful daughter.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Yeah. I've seen it. I wanted to love this season since it's got an entirely new creative team and all, but so far my reaction has been mostly....meh. The only part of the show I like right now is the stuff set in Star City. The Oliver in jail stuff is just boring, and the future stuff so far has showcased all my least favorite characters. Plus, the whole Felicity reveal in the future is just cheap because everyone knows that is going to prove untrue. I've watched TV before.

I'm not even a little invested in the future storyline, which is odd because I should really be wondering how things got to this dystopian place, but I just don't care. Part of it is my loathing for Diaz as the overarching bad guy, because he pretty much sucks. I like the actor that plays him, but I hate the character, and I think they've elevated him too much on the show.
Got it. Sucks you’re not loving this season. Hope it improves. How many years into the future are they going? Is it true there’s another GA in the future, too?
Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Super-man #2 by Adam Hughes

Old 11-09-2018, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

The flashes are 20 years in the future, and they are supposedly staying around until the end of the series.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Love the Cover.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The flashes are 20 years in the future, and they are supposedly staying around until the end of the series.
Wow. I’m not even sure I’d like that. The Flash constantly goes there but it follows the Comic more closely so you can predict what’s going to happen. You also know they won’t kill off Barry or Iris. With Arrow, it seems like this is truly an independent story even though there’s still no way they kill off Oliver or Felicity.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Thanks and for the Friends one, too!

I only watched a few of those shows with those couples listed. Keith/Karen, most certainly.

I saw this comment about the Losties couple and amazingly, it was my entire process:
No problem

Keith/Karen were a deserving feature on the list, that's for sure

It really was
Old 11-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No problem

Keith/Karen were a deserving feature on the list, that's for sure

It really was
They certainly were deserving. Stupid Monster.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They certainly were deserving. Stupid Monster.
He really is
Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He really is
Sucks.

Hey what did you think of the latest Arrow episode?
Old 11-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

First Look at Superman and Lois Lane
Old 11-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks for the link. Overall, crossovers don’t excite me, but I’m definitely looking forward to this crossover.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sucks.

Hey what did you think of the latest Arrow episode?
It was okay
Old 11-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I don't mind the idea of a overaching bad guy, but Diaz is a bad choice since he is a terrible character/villain. It sucks to see the writers wasting Kirk though, since I think he is a great actor.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread