Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Arrow S&S #101 - Things Will Never Be The Same

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

3x18: Public Enemy
Airdate: April 1, 2015
Description: DONNA SMOAK RETURNS — During an attack on the mayor’s office, Ray (Brandon Routh) is critically injured. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is pleasantly surprised when her mother, Donna Smoak (guest star Charlotte Ross), shows up at the hospital to offer her support. With the SCPD out in full force looking for the assailant, Oliver (Stephen Amell) and his team work hard to stay one step ahead of the police to find the man responsible. However, things come to a head when Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) kidnaps Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Dwight Little directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (#318). Original airdate 4/1/2015
Spoilers:

3x19: Broken Arrow
Airdate: April 15, 2015
Description: DOUG JONES GUEST STARS AS DC COMICS’ VILLAIN DEATHBOLT — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) continues his mission to take down the Arrow (Stephen Amell) so Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) orders Oliver to keep a low profile. However, when a meta-human named Jake Simmons (guest star Doug Jones), who kills people with blasts of energy and plasma, starts terrorizing Starling City, Oliver is forced to ask Ray (Brandon Routh) for help. The unlikely duo is forced to team up to save the city. Doug Aarniokoski directed the episode with story by Jake Coburn and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#319). Original airdate 4/15/2015.
Spoilers:

3x20: The Fallen
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x21: Al-Saheem
Description:
Spoilers:

3x22: This Is Your Sword
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95, 96, 97,
98, 99
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread. Just occurred to me that you might have been working on this while I was asking about it. So I'm sorry if I came across as pushy. That was not my intention. I certainly don't know how to make a new thread and nobody was actually responding to my posts about it so I wasn't sure anyone was making a new thread. I guess I just needed to be more patient. Sorry again and thank you for making the new thread.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread. Just occurred to me that you might have been working on this while I was asking about it. So I'm sorry if I came across as pushy. That was not my intention. I certainly don't know how to make a new thread and nobody was actually responding to my posts about it so I wasn't sure anyone was making a new thread. I guess I just needed to be more patient. Sorry again and thank you for making the new thread.
I made it right before you asked about it lol
Old 04-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Oh ok. Good. I was afraid I had just annoyed you into rushing to make it. Glad that's not the case because I wasn't trying to be pushy.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Yeah in the comics. But I don't see why this Oliver\GA needs an ugly pointy goatee. That's not really the character he is playing. This is a unique version. He doesn't need the flamboyant Robin Hood version's goatee to be 100% the GA.
No wants him to have the pointy goatee but people want him to resemble the character they know which is why Amell has some scruff sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
But why don't they interact still though? I mean its not just that they aren't together they literally dont know each other in the comics now right? Lois and Clark arent together romantically now but they are still a big part of each others story.

ETA: And yeah count me okay with keeping the scruff for Oliver. I mean Stephen's a good looking guy but I don't know if he is pretty enough to make up for a goatee
Because some writers think that if you introduce their destined love interest that they are forced to have them hook up.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

The scruff is fine. SA looks good with scruff. But he would look ridiculous with a pointy goatee. No one would take him seriously. This Oliver isn't specifically taken form any one iteration of the comics though. And this show and even the Flash are not about maintaining comic purity. So I don't entirely get why that goatee is so important to some people when the show is already so different from the comics. I mean people are allowed to feel how they want about the goatee or whatever, but I just don't get the point of wanting that for this version of Oliver/GA. That's just not who he is.

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/06/arro...sh-on-the-spi/

^Also about this, SA isn't talking about Felicity being the one who hovers between the 3 shows is he? I know she's connected to each, but the way he said this statement makes it sound like this person's only purpose will be to flit back and forth between the 3 shows. I don't care if Felicity crosses over from time to time but her main focus should be on Arrow. She a main character on Arrow. Her job is to be the heart of TA. Not to just connect the shows. They can't be reducing her to the most important thing about her is that she's knows someone on each show. Could he be talking about Sara or Lyla maybe? I don't like how he framed this statement. I don't want Felicity to suddenly be spread evenly amongst the shows or something. She belongs on Arrow.

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-06-2015 at 01:27 AM
Old 04-06-2015, 01:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

I pray that Felicity isn't the one constantly hopping up in all the shows. I like her for the most part but talk about overkill, but let others shine. Let Roy have some fun.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:02 AM
Absolute Fan

The Flash has made some changes but it's still pretty faithful to the comics. I'd say it feels like a true adaptation of the comics, which is a big part of its appeal, IMO. Arrow, on the other hand...well, not so much. The fact that Oliver Queen/Arrow shares so little in common with his comic self wouldn't be a problem (for me) if the version we're seeing was unique in his own way but he is basically a Bruce Wayne/Batman wannabe and that's just unfortunate.

Now, I will say that while I still find this Ra's twist far fetched, (to say the least) seeing the writers actually follow through with it is probably the boldest thing they've done in a while. And I must admit that SA has never sounded more compelling than he did delivering that final line in the most recent promo. I was actually impressed! I doubt he can keep it up but this is probably the most interesting thing to ever happen to his character.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:07 AM
Absolute Fan

He is probably talking about Felicity. I mean her connection to Ray makes her an obvious choice and she has basically been established as this universes version of Oracle. But its probably just going to be like her involvement with The Flash, she will crossover a couple of times to bring some connectivity between the shows. I don't think it necessarily means that she is going to be stretch between all three shows, Arrow will still be her permanent base show.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

^Felicity is definitely connected to all the shows but the way SA talked about this person made it seem like they were going to be big presence on all the shows, that their job is to connect the shows, that they would hover between the 3 shows. That doesn't sound like mainly being in Arrow. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what he meant. And also I don't think Felicity being connected to the shows is a secret so I feel like he could've said her name if he was talking about her. Maybe he didn't name names because it's someone else and it would be a spoiler to give their name right now. I don't care if it's someone else. But Felicity is a core character on Arrow and it better stay that way. Almost all of her time should be spent on Arrow not flitting around helping everyone else on other shows all the time. It's great that she matters to so many people but she is Oliver's girl in more ways than one, her main place is by his side.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah I'm hoping it isn't Felicity.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

^Me too. Couldn't he have said her name if it was her though? It's no secret she has a connection to each show, so why not say her name? Unless it's not her he's talking about and naming the person would be an actual spoiler. I just can't imagine after how huge this season is turning out for Olicity that next season, she's going to be spread out amongst the shows. Her focus and time has got to be mostly on Arrow. Making her role to just be the go between for the shows doesn't make any sense with development they are doing with her and Olicity this season. Hovering between the shows doesn't sound like Felicity's role in this universe, she is firmly in the Arrow world. She's not hovering anywhere. This makes me think it will be someone else who isn't grounded to one show like Felicity is. Plus I can't imagine tptb don't realize pulling her away from Arrow a lot would p*** off a lot of fans. A few crossovers are fine but her place is on Arrow.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Laurel getting her canary cry I am so excited!!! CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!!!!!
- Dylan
|| STILES ● STILINSKI ♥♥♥ || #teenwolf ||
Harry Styles || Dylan O'Brien || Louis Tomlinson
Old 04-06-2015, 03:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Could be Lyla? In a new role since she quit ARGUS? Keeping the superheros in line!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

It could be Laurel. We just have to wait and c.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread