Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Arrow S&S 104 - "Everything I did, everything that happened has led me right here, to this moment." - Oliver Queen

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

3x20: The Fallen
Airdate:April 22, 2015
Description:BACK TO NANDA PARBAT — Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) finally makes Oliver (Stephen Amell) an offer he can’t refuse. The team joins Oliver on his journey to Nanda Parbat where a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Oscar Balderrama (#320).
Spoilers:

3x21: Al Sah-him
Airdate:April 29, 2015
Description:THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS SETS THEIR SITES ON NYSSA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) goes through a rigorous transformation. The League of Assassins sets their sites on Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), who is back in Starling City training Laurel (Katie Cassidy). When Nyssa realizes they are coming, she arms up to face them alone but Laurel asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) to help protect her new friend. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode withstory by Beth Schwartz and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#321).
Spoilers:

3x22: This Is Your Sword
Airdate:May 6, 2015
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: My Name is Oliver Queen
Airdate:May 13, 2015
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95, 96, 97,
98, 99, 100, 101, 102 103
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

Last edited by scccf10; 04-21-2015 at 07:38 PM
Old 04-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt! Bringing over my question from the last thread because it closed before anyone could really answer it. I really should've just waited for this thread, lol. So anyway.

Is Oliver's appearance on the Flash in LoA garb for the finale of the Flash? Meaning after Arrow 3x22. Meaning he's still Al-Sah-him or whatever in 3x22. Does this mean an Olicity wedding is impossible?
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Tftnt! Bringing over my question from the last thread because it closed before anyone could really answer it. I really should've just waited for this thread, lol. So anyway.

Is Oliver's appearance on the Flash in LoA garb for the finale of the Flash? Meaning after Arrow 3x22. Meaning he's still Al-Sah-him or whatever in 3x22. Does this mean an Olicity wedding is impossible?
Given how screwy the Arrow/Flash timeline got in the last few eps, I wouldn't worry too much about apparent impossibilities. And who knows how the wedding plays out anyway. Oliver is probably going to be with the League (at least wardrobe-wise ) until the finale, so he's still with them when it happens.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tftnt
Old 04-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

So Oliver is the "Villain of the week" for 3x21. And I am confused. I mean I know he is joining the LoA and there expectations with that (I'm actually wondering if he is part of the group of assassins sent to go after Nyssa) because current RAG is still alive and actually probably calling the shots to a certain extent but they way they talk about what Oliver is going to do in 3x21 confuses me. If he has a choice in the matter then he's not going to go around wreaking havoc and killing people or whatever, but if he doesn't have choice, which it kind of seems like he doesn't have a choice but to do what RAG says, then no one can really hold what he does against him because it's not actually what he wants to do. Yet 3x21 is being said to be the beginning of the breakdown of Oliver and Diggle's relationship. And SA is disappointed in Oliver in 3x21. What the heck does Oliver do? And why does it damage him and Diggle so much? Oliver didn't want this whole LoA thing, but RAG left him no choice. I don't understand what is happening because putting on a new outfit and getting a new tattoo doesn't change who Oliver is on the inside, it doesn't change his heart or his soul. I know 3 weeks pass between 3x20 and 3x21 but what the heck does RAG and the LoA do to him that turns him into what amounts to evil Oliver in just a few weeks? He's really just going to give into the darkness? Or is this part of some plan he has to eventually free himself from the LoA that has the unfortunate and most likely unforeseen side effect of hurting Diggle somehow? What is going on?
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt .

Icon by Me (Hazel) Tamy, Olicity, WestAllen, Jeller, Clace .
Old 04-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Why can't Laurel be written more like she was in Flash? It was weird seeing her smiling and not having to be brood/be sad/mad/worried.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
So Oliver is the "Villain of the week" for 3x21. And I am confused. I mean I know he is joining the LoA and there expectations with that (I'm actually wondering if he is part of the group of assassins sent to go after Nyssa) because current RAG is still alive and actually probably calling the shots to a certain extent but they way they talk about what Oliver is going to do in 3x21 confuses me. If he has a choice in the matter then he's not going to go around wreaking havoc and killing people or whatever, but if he doesn't have choice, which it kind of seems like he doesn't have a choice but to do what RAG says, then no one can really hold what he does against him because it's not actually what he wants to do. Yet 3x21 is being said to be the beginning of the breakdown of Oliver and Diggle's relationship. And SA is disappointed in Oliver in 3x21. What the heck does Oliver do? And why does it damage him and Diggle so much? Oliver didn't want this whole LoA thing, but RAG left him no choice. I don't understand what is happening because putting on a new outfit and getting a new tattoo doesn't change who Oliver is on the inside, it doesn't change his heart or his soul. I know 3 weeks pass between 3x20 and 3x21 but what the heck does RAG and the LoA do to him that turns him into what amounts to evil Oliver in just a few weeks? He's really just going to give into the darkness? Or is this part of some plan he has to eventually free himself from the LoA that has the unfortunate and most likely unforeseen side effect of hurting Diggle somehow? What is going on?
I'm concerned about just what it is that will strain OQ and Dig's strong bond. For my mind it is family alive or dead that will most deeply impact it. So Lyla and Sara or some connection to Andy?

Either way, I am and am not looking forward to this continued development of their relationship.

Icon by the talented MelBelle
Old 04-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

tftnt

Magnus and Alec
Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

I can't see the show having anyone hurt a baby so I think Sara is safe. RAG is a monster but hurting a baby is a whole other level of evil and I don't think the writers will want to go there. And as for Lyla, I can't see Oliver being able to go through with hurting her. I feel like he'd find a way around something like that. Plus I don't think Oliver and Diggle could overcome Oliver costing Diggle Lyla somehow. And I'm pretty sure the showrunners will want them to be friends again. Also I don't see any reason for RAG or LoA to want to go after Diggle's family. Unless Diggle launches a full scale attack on them or something to save Oliver, they have nothing against him, so his family wouldn't be a target. And has the actress who plays Lyla even filmed anything since 3x17? If Lyla doesn't appear again this season then I would say she's safe. I feel like it's going to be something less obvious, something more unexpected that starts to damage Oliver and Diggle's relationship. I just don't know what it is. And I don't understand how when Diggle knows Oliver doesn't want this LoA life, that he was left with no choice but to join, why Diggle can't forgive whatever happens. Also don't get how Oliver is going to seemingly just go along with whatever RAG asks of him or whatever. Why isn't he fighting it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Why can't Laurel be written more like she was in Flash? It was weird seeing her smiling and not having to be brood/be sad/mad/worried.
^They need to fix her relationship with her father first. Once they've healed what's broken between them she probably be expressing more positive emotions and less negative ones. But things are kind of in shambles right now on Arrow for everyone so the primary emotions are negative. Once they get past all the LoA crap and once broken relationships are healed then everyone will probably have more reasons to smile and what not more. But of course Arrow's overall tone is just darker than the Flash's so it's never going to be super cheery on Arrow.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Because these writers like to make Laurel suffer. Granted I love me an emotional wreck but it was sooooo refreshing to see an upbeat Laurel. I hope S4 we see more of a fun side since she'll be much stronger.

And I love that the canary cry is official. Cisco named it.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

It is officially Wednesday!! Wednesday is finally here!! It is now less than a day, only a matter of hours until 3x20 airs. We are so close! I'm so excited!!
Old 04-22-2015, 12:18 AM
Loyal Fan

^^^^^

Icon by the talented MelBelle
Old 04-22-2015, 01:02 AM
Elite Fan

I apologize in advance if I have no chill after seeing 3x20, lol. But this episode is like 3 years in the making. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my mind a little after finally getting to see so much Olicity amazingness at once. It's going to be awesome!

But back to a little speculating. I don't know if this was posted yet or not but it's what I've been talking about with how 3x21 is going to go. So here it is possibly again.

“Oliver will reconnect with his dark side: Team Arrow won’t take Oliver’s decision to join the League of Assassins lightly, but his choice will become even harder to bear in the April 29 episode. The emotional episode “is a villain-of-the-week episode. It just so happens the villain of the week is Oliver,” Guggenheim revealed.”

“The April 29 episode will “really [upend] Diggle’s world, certainly vis-a-vis Oliver,” Guggenheim said. “That’s something that will certainly have repercussions in the remainder of the season.”

–TV Guide

See what I mean? Oliver reconnects with his dark side? After everything with Felicity and what not, in 3 weeks of their time he just embraces his dark side? He's just going to give up everything he has worked so hard to be for so long just like that? How is that possible? That Tiffany girl who has seen 3x20 said nobody was really saying good-bye to Oliver, that it was more like he just had some business to take care of and that 3x20 marks a beginning for Olicity. That makes it sound like he has a plan to fix this mess. How does he go from where he is in 3x20 to reconnecting with his dark side? And to the extent that he somehow damages his relationship with Diggle. Does he have a plan but it just goes awry or is what ever joining the LoA and getting transformed into the Heir to the Demon involves so awful that it makes him lose his mind? So many questions all these spoilers create.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread