Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2015, 02:18 PM
  #1
Absolute Fan

 
scorpio_chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,046
Arrow S&S #105: "...only the Arrow, Al Sah-him, shall remain. Al Sah-him, Heir to the Demon."


After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...






3x21: Al Sah-him
Airdate:April 29, 2015
Description:THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS SETS THEIR SITES ON NYSSA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) goes through a rigorous transformation. The League of Assassins sets their sites on Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), who is back in Starling City training Laurel (Katie Cassidy). When Nyssa realizes they are coming, she arms up to face them alone but Laurel asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) to help protect her new friend. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode withstory by Beth Schwartz and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#321).
Spoilers:

3x22: This Is Your Sword
Airdate:May 6, 2015
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: My Name is Oliver Queen
Airdate:May 13, 2015
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36







Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95, 96, 97,
98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.


Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman


Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)



Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)


Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment



The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.
__________________
"I apply foot to ass and match lead for lead."

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 04-25-2015 at 02:23 PM
scorpio_chick is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 02:34 PM
  #2
Elite Fan

 
IBelieveInMiracles's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 39,710
Tftnt!!
__________________
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 02:44 PM
  #3
Ultimate Fan

 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
This is the only point that needs to be made, and I don't know how that scene left the writers room and became a page in the script without someone saying 'hold up this aint right'. Like seriously I rewrite sht all the time & even when I was only a start out writer, I still wrote crap better than that. All that scene requires is Oliver telling Laurel about Thea, and asking her to stay back and proect the City and he'll let her know what happens. That's all. It ackowledges the fact Laurel would be worried about Thea, allows her to give small comfort to Oliver, offers a plausible explanation for why she'd stay in SC and can have a follow up with her & Felicity at the hospital. Instead of lazily having Oliver lie to Laurel again & just be a really dumb scene that aint going anywhere cause this aint s1 people.

And in regards to the Oliver & Felicity script page I see the description as less of writers being shippers and more just doing the norm of writing a scene. Descriptive in sentences are never long, just basic directions for the director & actors to lead with & when it comes to sex scenes you just add in a few more words. I would describe Oliver & Felicity as being star crossed but that's just me.



To extend on this point the scene isn't supposed to be about Oliver & Laurel's relationship, it should be about Laurel processing what's happened to Thea since they have had and do still have a close relationship since she's known Thea nearly her whole life and Oliver has been shown to on the occasion acknowledge that. So lying to Laurel about Thea is just pure OOC laziness from the writers.
Totally agree.

The episode in general should've centered more around Thea, everyone reacting to her possible death, fight for her soul. Should've been a lot more emotional. The flashbacks should've been shelved.

Though the script in general is making me laugh just by the descriptions.

Link to the script pages for anyone who has missed them.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 2

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-25-2015 at 02:50 PM
Primal Slayer is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 03:29 PM
  #4
Elite Fan

 
IBelieveInMiracles's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 39,710
Just for the record, I do know a little bit about how writing works. I know they didn't write long descriptive sentences about the love making scene because they don't need to do so. I know the actors only need basic descriptions/instructions and then the logistics of it are mostly figured out once the scene is acutally being filmed. I was really just kidding around because I mean first they call their kiss to end all kisses and then it's just fragments of sentences and single words to describe what comes next. It just sounded like someone got so excited imagining the scene that they just wrote the random thoughts that popped into their head, lol. But I know it was a purposeful writing choice and how things are normally done. Still love that they called it the kiss to end all kisses. Yes indeed it was. And the sex scene to end all sex scenes, lol. Also regardless of the norms of writing, the showrunners are still definitely Olicity shippers. MG is just obivous about it and AK confirmed it himself with his ultimate shippers statement. No way around that one.


Has the Asian promo for next week come out yet?
__________________
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 03:35 PM
  #5
Ultimate Fan

 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,904
Of course they dont need long descriptions But the use of "the kiss to end all kisses" "our two lovers-star crossed" is cracking me up!

I can only imagine how the S1 script was for when Oliver/Laurel finally get it on.
Primal Slayer is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 03:47 PM
  #6
Master Fan

 
Arrow fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 15,897
I guess they couldn't release it cuz probably wasn't that great.
Arrow fan is online now  
Old 04-25-2015, 03:52 PM
  #7
Absolute Fan

 
pollock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 6,692
The episode was centered around Thea though. Everything that was happening was due to Thea. Just because it wasn't everyone sitting by her beside crying all episode doesn't mean she wasn't the character that the episode gravitated around. Oliver didn't lie to Laurel about Thea just about where they were going because he obviously didn't want her coming.

I still stand by the fact that no Laurel scene is better then what they intended. I mean think about it. You have Laurel looking like the little kid trying to play with the big kids. You have Oliver lying to Laurel about where they are going. This in then followed directly with Felicity thanking Oliver for letting her come and Oliver telling her one of his dark secrets from his past. It would just rub salt in the wounds.

And I agree the writers were a little heavy handed with the Olicity love making description however, I think the fact that they call it a "Series moment worth waiting for" is interesting.
__________________
Icon:Kyls. Thank you
pollock is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:03 PM
  #8
Ultimate Fan

 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,904
What was happening was DUE to Thea, but was it centered around Thea? Not really, at least in my opinion. And you said that he didn't lie to Laurel but then he did lie to Laurel. It isn't a big thing I would harp on but the lies just keep coming this season, no one ever learns from keeping secrets. We might as well dub them the Pretty Little Arrow Liars.
Primal Slayer is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:15 PM
  #9
Loyal Fan
 
Hipkarrma's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Of course they dont need long descriptions But the use of "the kiss to end all kisses" "our two lovers-star crossed" is cracking me up!

I can only imagine how the S1 script was for when Oliver/Laurel finally get it on.
Given that they were consciously closing out that storyline as stated in the link I provided in this earlier post Arrow S&S 103 - "How many times have you saved one of us without asking? This time we had to save you." - Roy Harper It may have not had quite the same tenor.
__________________
"You are always here to me, and I always listen and I can always see you." The Eleventh Doctor

Icon by the talented MelBelle
Hipkarrma is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:20 PM
  #10
Elite Fan

 
IBelieveInMiracles's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 39,710
^Yeah given the showrunners obvious intentions to go in different direction long before the season 1 finale and that that was basically the end of O/L romantically and that it was tainted by Tommy seeing them, I doubt that script was filled flowery romantic stuff like the 3x20 one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
The episode was centered around Thea though. Everything that was happening was due to Thea. Just because it wasn't everyone sitting by her beside crying all episode doesn't mean she wasn't the character that the episode gravitated around. Oliver didn't lie to Laurel about Thea just about where they were going because he obviously didn't want her coming.

I still stand by the fact that no Laurel scene is better then what they intended. I mean think about it. You have Laurel looking like the little kid trying to play with the big kids. You have Oliver lying to Laurel about where they are going. This in then followed directly with Felicity thanking Oliver for letting her come and Oliver telling her one of his dark secrets from his past. It would just rub salt in the wounds.

And I agree the writers were a little heavy handed with the Olicity love making description however, I think the fact that they call it a "Series moment worth waiting for" is interesting.
^It was a series moment worth waiting for, for the fans and the showrunners/writers. We know the showrunners are huge Olicity fans, so of course this moment is huge. And it's their show, their couple, they get decide how to describe them. I personally love that they are all so excited about Olicity that they put stuff like that in their scripts that fans aren't usually ever going to see. It's pretty much for them because they love Olicity so much. Also I agree with your assessment of the Laurel in 3x20 situation. And I definitely also agree with your point about how the episode was truly centered around Thea. I'm not sure what else people wanted. We got Oliver and Malcolm falling apart over it. We got Digle and Felicity being there for Oliver in that painful time. We got the saving her with the LP and a look at how the LP left her confused. The girl needed to rest after that. It made sense. She was confused and had a some amnesia so focusing on her too much after the LP while she wasn't herself wouldn't been pointless. They'll get to the other consequences of LP eventually. And what Oliver was doing for her, what he is giving up, is huge. They had to focus on that too. But everything was tied to Thea and what happened to her. I think it was a fantastic episode honestly.
__________________
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-25-2015 at 04:33 PM
IBelieveInMiracles is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:25 PM
  #11
Ultimate Fan

 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkarrma (View Post)
Given that they were consciously closing out that storyline as stated in the link I provided in this earlier post Arrow S&S 103 - "How many times have you saved one of us without asking? This time we had to save you." - Roy Harper It may have not had quite the same tenor.
I dont know....I still want to see that page now, just to see how it written and if it makes me laugh as much. There have become a lot of parallels that have come up just how they have handled the two pairings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
And I definitely also agree with your point about how the episode was truly centered around Thea. I'm not sure what else people wanted. We got Oliver and Malcolm falling apart over it. We got Digle and Felicity being there for Oliver in that painful time. We got the saving her with the LP and a look at how the LP left her confused. The girl needed to rest after that. It made sense. She was confused and had a some amnesia so focusing on her too much after the LP while she wasn't herself wouldn't been pointless. They'll get to the other consequences of LP eventually. And what Oliver was doing for her, what he is giving up, is huge. They had to focus on that too. But everything was tied to Thea and what happened to her. I think it was a fantastic episode honestly.
It was so centered on her that it ended up becoming about Olicity. It was about getting those two to the point of sexing it up and Felicity trying to save Oliver. People remember this episode because of everything that went on between Oliver/Felicity, not what went on with Thea. She became a quick after thought after once they got to Ra's condo in the mountains.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-25-2015 at 04:30 PM
Primal Slayer is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:43 PM
  #12
Ultimate Fan

 
SRBleyton4ever's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,320
Quote:
Just for the record, I do know a little bit about how writing works. I know they didn't write long descriptive sentences about the love making scene because they don't need to do so. I know the actors only need basic descriptions/instructions and then the logistics of it are mostly figured out once the scene is acutally being filmed. I was really just kidding around because I mean first they call their kiss to end all kisses and then it's just fragments of sentences and single words to describe what comes next.
Apologies if my post came across as patronising toward you or anyone else since that wasn't my intention, I just get very excited over anything script related

Quote:
We might as well dub them the Pretty Little Arrow Liars.


Quote:
^It was a series moment worth waiting for, for the fans and the showrunners/writers. We know the showrunners are huge Olicity fans, so of course this moment is huge. And it's their show, their couple, they get decide how to describe them. I personally love that they are all so excited about Olicity that they put stuff like that in their scripts that fans aren't usually ever going to see.
Ok I really don't agree with this. It was a moment worth waiting for if you're a Oliver/Felicity shipper which I was genuinely shocked to find out not the whole Internet is. I don't ever agree with showrunners shipping couples they write cause that's just massive bias which can ruin shows & I'm not here for it. Be proffesional and do your job treat every couple/character the same giving them an equal amount of love & attention. And in with that I don't completely think the showrunners are in love with Oliver & Felicity so to speak (and I know you haven't said that it's just a phrase I'm using here) I think they like any other good business person is focussing on what's popular. What I'd prefer the showrunners to do is release the deleted scene script pages because even if I don't agree with them it's still useful. Releasing script pages of an Oliver/Felicity scene which was shown on air? It has no use other than to keep people out your inobx for a day. But I just don't think you should classify all fans as feeling the same way, cause if we did it'd be boring
__________________
Minnie-Moo - Mars Bar
Robot Boy|Captain Nemo|Casual Affair|Counting Stars|Greyhound|Bohemian Rhapsody

Last edited by SRBleyton4ever; 04-25-2015 at 04:50 PM
SRBleyton4ever is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:44 PM
  #13
Elite Fan

 
IBelieveInMiracles's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 39,710
^Oh no you weren't patronizing or anything. I just realized I came across very fangirly (which I am not ashamed of, lol) and I just wanted to make it clear that I realized there was more to why the script was written that way than the showrunners shipping Olicity. I just didn't want to seem stupid or like all I care about is Olicity (not that you implied either of those things but Iw as afraid other people might think that) because I am not stupid and I watch Arow for many more reasons than Olicity. It was really just about me not wanting to come across as so much of a Olciity fan girl that I can't understand logical things and common sense. Because that is not me. But anyway you weren't offensive or patronizing or anything. You did nothing wrong, no worries. Feel free to be as excited about scripts as you want.

Also just because it had a huge Olicity moment doesn't mean the episode was about Olicity. But Oliver's side of the story, the sacrifice he was making is super important and was going to be part of the focus of the episode. And his relationship with Felicity is part of that. She represents everything he is giving up. It makes sense to deal with all tha t George he joined the LoA. And I don't think was an afterthought to anyone. She was everyone's main concern but then once she was physically safe and resting, they had to deal with what Oliver was about to have to do. But that doesn't make her an afterthought. I'm not sure exactly what else you wanted them to do in regards to centering it on Thea. To me it felt like it was. Also I'm a huge Olicity fan obviously, but I haven't forgotten the Thea part of the episode at all. Yeah the Olicity moment was huge and amazing and unforgettable but that doesn't make me forget Thea almost died, how Oliver almost lost her but then brought her back with the LP. I haven't forgotten her jumping out of that LP like a rabid monkey or how she woke up later thinking Oliver was dead, her mother was alive, and that she loved MM. I haven't forgotten her confusion when Oliver wasn't leaving with them and the incredibly sad good-bye they had. I haven't forgotten he waking up with her memory back and only MM there in her home. I don't know how anyone could forget what Thea went through in that episode. What went down with her is shaping the rest of the season. Just because people are excited about Olicity doesn't mean they have forgotten about Thea.
__________________
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-25-2015 at 04:53 PM
IBelieveInMiracles is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:55 PM
  #14
Fan Forum Star

 
backstreetboysfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 182,522
tftnt .
__________________
Backstreet Boys fan, since 1995.Brian & Nick fan. 25 years for BSB. ''DNA'' out 1-25-19
”Husband & Wife.”
Oliver♥Felicity

Icon by Me (Hazel) Tamy, Olicity, WestAllen, Jeller, Clace .
backstreetboysfan is online now  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:56 PM
  #15
Ultimate Fan

 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,904
I said that people remember this episode because of Olicity, not that people forgot about it, but the two main things I have seen people talk about when it comes to this episode is Olicity and Laurel being left out. Thea became less important as the episode went on.
Primal Slayer is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks



Forum Affiliates
Spoilers Guide
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST