Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2015, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Arrow S&S 109 - Who Knows What Is In Store For Season 4

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

3x23: My Name is Oliver Queen
Airdate:May 13, 2015
Description:THE HEART-STOPPING SEASON FINALE — Everyone’s lives are in danger as Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) puts forth his final plan. Oliver/Al Sah-him (Stephen Amell) must decide if he’s strong enough to take on this new role and what it will mean for everyone on Team Arrow, and his soul. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Jake Coburn (#323).
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95, 96, 97,
98 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Or you know, some people could just bring up a valid point. It's a funny scene but its also true, at least it is brought up. As if people around here to overreact about things though, no matter if you are pro-Laurel or pro-Felicity.
This! It glares a light on how more stupid it was to keep Iris in the dark, making it such a big deal to only make his secret identity out to be a joke.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

It was ok, there was really nothing that stood out for me. I am not quite sure how Merlyn took over the League when he didn't even "kill" Ra's, or why Nyssa would bow to him.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm done....sooooo done. The lack of respect for Laurel. Me and my friends literally looked at each other and laughed.

Like I can't. And no one better ever say anything Laurel does is unrealistic after that pepper potts scene with Felicity lol
Old 05-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

I want to know, did the police squad pick up Ra's body after the battle? Is he just lying there still? Some LOA personnel pick him up? He crawl away?

Though I did like Oliver kind of passing the torch to the new, improved Team Canary lol jk. TA. But I really wanted Laurel to leave Starling for the summer and get some hard core training.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal slayer (View Post)
it was ok, there was really nothing that stood out for me. I am not quite sure how merlyn took over the league when he didn't even "kill" ra's, or why nyssa would bow to him.
tftnt
Old 05-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so heart broken that they couldn't even hint at where Laurel goes next season. I guess since they gave us and Katie Black Canary that's it for us. We're back to scrambling for scraps now. Ohh Oliver considers Laurel as a hero now. Whatever go find Barbara and bring Tatsu, Nyssa and Helena along for the ride sis. You know after y'all kill Malcolm.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Why they stealing from Marvel doe?

I knew Malcolm would end up RAG by the end of the season.

Still, it was a good finale. Interesting. I'm really wondering what they have in store for next season. I'm intrigued by DD and Oliver finally becoming Green Arrow.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Total Fan

* So... did Ray accidentally turn himself into a metahuman at the end there? I guess they wanted to give him actual superpowers for the new spinoff.

*I liked seeing Thea don the Speedy costume.

* I'm guessing come Season 4, something will call Oliver back and he'll remake himself as the GREEN Arrow.

* Malcolm as the new RA's? Hmmm... not sure if I like that.

* I loved Barry's cameo, and his one-liners. Too bad Felicity told Malcolm his secret identity though.
Brainy: Or else I will be required to beat you up. With physics.
- (Supergirl)
Old 05-13-2015, 08:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Makes sense given the comics and him being in the spin off. I'm pretty sure Ray was always gonna be a meta. I'm just wondering what happens to the company. Did he take it back? Lol, I needs spoilers already.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
I'm so heart broken that they couldn't even hint at where Laurel goes next season. I guess since they gave us and Katie Black Canary that's it for us. We're back to scrambling for scraps now. Ohh Oliver considers Laurel as a hero now. Whatever go find Barbara and bring Tatsu, Nyssa and Helena along for the ride sis. You know after y'all kill Malcolm.
Send your resume to CW. You need to be in the writers room
Old 05-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Baryy is an adorable puppy always. I loved him at the beginning there

Thea is Speedy! That girl is awesome.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I enjoyed it! It was a different finale then what the show has done previously. I think parts of it felt a little anti-climatic but only because like Marc had said it was less an action set piece finale like the last two and more intimate.

This was really Oliver's big moment though and focused on who he is as a person and a hero and I loved that moment for him. I was proud Stephen Amell was totally hands down the MVP of the episode. I loved every scene he was in.

I really liked the whole jet scene with both fighting the League of Assassins and talking Nyssa through how to fly a plane. It was probably my favorite action scene of the episode. I actually really enjoyed their partnership and even him sort of talking her down from attacking Diggle. I think she will make a great addition to Team Arrow next season if they keep her around.

I did not see the Malcolm twist.....and I feel like I should have seen it! but Im definitely interested in seeing where that story line goes. I think Malcolm is still a big question mark though of whether he will use his new found power in a redeemable way or whether he will become power hungry and abuse it like Ras did. That will be an interesting dilemma for Oliver having been responsible for putting him in that role.

And why was Damien Dahrk in Starling City huh? Prehaps to reconnect with his daughter?

I loved the whole lets all work together vibe no I team nature of the episode and how they ALL beat the bad guys not just Oliver. And I actually like the whole handing over the regeins scene and Im excited to see where Laurel Thea and Diggle pick up from there in season 4. It makes sense that Oliver is at a place where he is ready to find out what his life can be beyond the vigilante life and needing some time to explore his other options. However I presume he will come back to the fold... I also think its pretty obvious that when he does he will come back as the GREEN Arrow- green meaning to live/life. That seems to be the next trajectory of his character- learning how to live as Felicity put it.

The Olicity scenes Beyond amazing. I mean I'm disappointed that we didn't get a lot of physical action between the two but the emotional connection was better then any engagement or sex scene or epic reunion kiss could ever be. From Oliver telling Felicity that he dreams about being with her every night and Felicity helping Oliver to fight to live to yes even then cheesy ATOM rescue. Im beyond happy and excited for where they go from here in season 4

Im sad for Laurel and her dad that they still haven't reached a resolution for that conflict- there scene together was heartbreaking- but I'm proud of how far Laurel has come from the angry girl in 3x02 to a place where she is at peace and sure of herself.

Im also glad that all hope doesn't seem lost for Diggle and Oliver- time heals all wounds and I think they can pull through this eventually.

It doesn't match the epicness of the season 2 finale but it was a strong ending for the seasons identity theme.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Loyal Fan

A piece of garbage the whole season. outside of laurel as black canary,
literally the only one good thing was this girl.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
I enjoyed it! It was a different finale then what the show has done previously. I think parts of it felt a little anti-climatic but only because like Marc had said it was less an action set piece finale like the last two and more intimate.

This was really Oliver's big moment though and focused on who he is as a person and a hero and I loved that moment for him. I was proud Stephen Amell was totally hands down the MVP of the episode. I loved every scene he was in.

I really liked the whole jet scene with both fighting the League of Assassins and talking Nyssa through how to fly a plane. It was probably my favorite action scene of the episode. I actually really enjoyed their partnership and even him sort of talking her down from attacking Diggle. I think she will make a great addition to Team Arrow next season if they keep her around.

I did not see the Malcolm twist.....and I feel like I should have seen it! but Im definitely interested in seeing where that story line goes. I think Malcolm is still a big question mark though of whether he will use his new found power in a redeemable way or whether he will become power hungry and abuse it like Ras did. That will be an interesting dilemma for Oliver having been responsible for putting him in that role.

And why was Damien Dahrk in Starling City huh? Prehaps to reconnect with his daughter?

I loved the whole lets all work together vibe no I team nature of the episode and how they ALL beat the bad guys not just Oliver. And I actually like the whole handing over the regeins scene and Im excited to see where Laurel Thea and Diggle pick up from there in season 4. It makes sense that Oliver is at a place where he is ready to find out what his life can be beyond the vigilante life and needing some time to explore his other options. However I presume he will come back to the fold... I also think its pretty obvious that when he does he will come back as the GREEN Arrow- green meaning to live/life. That seems to be the next trajectory of his character- learning how to live as Felicity put it.

The Olicity scenes Beyond amazing. I mean I'm disappointed that we didn't get a lot of physical action between the two but the emotional connection was better then any engagement or sex scene or epic reunion kiss could ever be. From Oliver telling Felicity that he dreams about being with her every night and Felicity helping Oliver to fight to live to yes even then cheesy ATOM rescue. Im beyond happy and excited for where they go from here in season 4

Im sad for Laurel and her dad that they still haven't reached a resolution for that conflict- there scene together was heartbreaking- but I'm proud of how far Laurel has come from the angry girl in 3x02 to a place where she is at peace and sure of herself.

Im also glad that all hope doesn't seem lost for Diggle and Oliver- time heals all wounds and I think they can pull through this eventually.

It doesn't match the epicness of the season 2 finale but it was a strong ending for the seasons identity theme.
The bold, Riding this theory all the way to the end with you. He didn't come there for RAG.

I loved the Olicity scenes.

I thought the fight scene in the plane was a bit sloppy in parts.

How did you not see Malcolm becoming RAG girl? He knocked Sara off for that sole purpose. I hate the evil man.

I'm sad that Lance is off the wagon and he and Laurel are still not on good terms, BUT I think he heard her tonight. I think he'll get there.

I enjoyed the finale as much as last seasons. Like you said, it was different, but in a good way. It was a great way to end the identity theme and I think it left all of the characters in a strong place individually. I'm hoping next season continues with a happier Oliver who evolves into the Green Arrow.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread