Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Laurel shouldn't just be "kickass" character. We don't even know wtf she does when she's not at work or being a vigilante. How hard is it to write a story where a ****in DA is struggling to be one while trying to save the day. JFC. Its like asking for a million dollars from these writers.

And yeah Barbara on Gotham is not even close to Barbara Gordons mother unless she gets help and Jim falls back in love with her. The writers trashed the character like they almost did Laurel on Arrow. At least Barbara have a cool storyline though.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

I kind of have a feeling that Barbaras conception will be a rather twisted one.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARASPBERRY (View Post)
Hi just passing by but I took Guggenheim tweet as a possibility that the wheelchair scenes are part of the hallucination...(might be damage control because it looks like a bunch of people are angry with this possible storyline)
Hi! You know it is weird that MG posted that spoiler. I mean he gave us a straight up plot point. That's not really how he normally operates. He gives vague and cryptic teases sometimes but he does not give out flat out spoilers and this is a flat out spoiler. Unsolicited too. And right after these new spoilery pics. And he put hallucination all in caps like he was really trying to emphasize that word. It feels very odd that he did this. I wonder what he is trying to say or do. What does it mean? I would say could he be hinting that the wheelchair is part of the hallucination but the 4x11 ep description certainly alludes to big changes in Olicity's life. So I'm confused. Unless maybe she's out of the chair faster than we think and the chair in 4x14 is part of the hallucination. Although hallucinating 5 episodes after the shooting doesn't make a lot of sense. Idk but I can't help but feel like there is a reason MG decided to throw out a straight up spoiler, which he never does.

Oh and Geoff Johns (head of DC) re tweeted said tweet with the response "...!" So that's interesting. Not sure what that's supposed to mean either.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 01-09-2016 at 06:58 PM
Old 01-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
I kind of have a feeling that Barbaras conception will be a rather twisted one.
I can see that as well. Maybe Jim and (I can't think of homegurls name.) breaks up, Jim and Barbara have hate sex and we get Batgirl/Oracle.

I do wonder if we'd ever get her on either Lots, The Flash, Arrow or Supergirl even.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
Laurel shouldn't just be "kickass" character. We don't even know wtf she does when she's not at work or being a vigilante. How hard is it to write a story where a ****in DA is struggling to be one while trying to save the day. JFC. Its like asking for a million dollars from these writers.

And yeah Barbara on Gotham is not even close to Barbara Gordons mother unless she gets help and Jim falls back in love with her. The writers trashed the character like they almost did Laurel on Arrow. At least Barbara have a cool storyline though.

But didn't u know? That's all Laurel fans want. When we were complaining about her lack of story, he faved a tweet saying Laurel is BC, what more do laurel fans want.

The hallucination bull is him trying to save face. You are putting Felicity in a wheelchair, just don't call her Oracle!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
That's why I said get her off the show. We're never getting any proper backstory on Laurel/BC as long as she exists on Arrow. Only chance is giving her a story where she leaves to go fight away from Oliver and company and then she can get some proper attention. Even on LoT she would have gotten more attention. I really think they don't know what to do with her as long as BC and GA are anywhere near each other. TPTB have made the Olicity choice and they're okay with it. At the same time they still know it's weird having GA and BC near each other so they throw Laurel to the side constantly. BC won't shine unless she's freed from the prison she's currently in.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
That's why I said get her off the show. We're never getting any proper backstory on Laurel/BC as long as she exists on Arrow. Only chance is giving her a story where she leaves to go fight away from Oliver and company and then she can get some proper attention. Even on LoT she would have gotten more attention. I really think they don't know what to do with her as long as BC and GA are anywhere near each other. TPTB have made the Olicity choice and they're okay with it. At the same time they still know it's weird having GA and BC near each other so they throw Laurel to the side constantly. BC won't shine unless she's freed from the prison she's currently in.
It's pathetic. Like I'm glad Diggle & Felicity are getting storylines to further their characters since they badly need some development outside arcs with Oliver, but seriously? Would it really kill TPTB to give Laurel more than 5 mins screentime a week and more importantly a story of her own? You give us Oliver & Laurel airing grievances and deciding to start over fresh but since then they've barely said a word let alone shared a scene that was about them. I know the shows about Oliver and therefore his story will always be the A story but if you have time to focus eps around Ray, Sara, LOA etc then you have time to do a B story on Laurel. I don't doubt Katie would rock it & every year they say they're gonna do things with Laurel but they never do. Move her to LOT or do a BOP spin-off just something that gets her off this show, and into hands that are both invested in her character & want to explore her character to her potential.

Quote:
Female characters seem to get the shaft.
I agree. I thought bringing Donna back would mean some character development for Felicity but all she seems to be is an Olicity cheerleader and of course now her relationship with Captain Lance. Felicity's stuff with the company I'm not even sure where that's at now. I hope that whilst some focus of her being injured will be with Oliver & him getting revenge on Damon, we'll also see Felicity struggle in the aftermath, maybe having a heart to heart with her mum and of course her dad's coming in so again I'm hoping for some back story and layers instead of everything being about Olicity. Thea, we barely see the ramifications of the pit anymore and her big storyline whenever the writers decide to remember it is balancing her vigilante life with romance. Laurel's already been mentioned above as has Donna. In general this show has a ton of characters that should give TPTB ample amount of storylines to further character development yet we rarely get anything. Then again, I'm not gonna be happy till we have an ep solely made up of all the ladies at a spa bonding & saving themselves instead of joining up with Oliver and having him give Malcolm most of the credit.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Seriously its code name. What difference does it make whether she is called Oracle or dingo whoop whoop? Its just what they are calling her over the comms. She will still be Felicity she is not going to magically turn into Barbra Gordon just because she has Oracle as a code name...also hardly anybody outside those who read comics probably even knows who Oracle is- Batgirl maybe- but not Oracle so its not like its some hugely iconic name she is taking on like Wonder Woman or Lois Lane.

I mean Oliver has the code name Green Arrow but he is not 100% like the Green Arrow in the comics, Laurel has the oodename Black Canary she is not close to 100% like the Black Canary in the comics, Thea has the code name Speedy and is not 100% like the Speedy of the comics, Diggle has the code name Spartan so completely not 100% like the Spartan of the comics.

Who cares if Felicity has comic book based code name as well? Seriously?

As for Laurel lack of story lines being a sign of the Arrow writers hating women. There is about a million other reasons to explain why Laurel doesn't get story lines before jumping to the writers are just misogynists- especially given that the Head Show runner is in fact a woman and that there is at least two other women on the writing staff that I know of.

Laurel is not a main- she is a co star or supporting actor like Thea Diggle Felicity Quentin. Which means Oliver being the main star will predominately get the A plots while the rest will share the B and C plots.

The writers said at the start of this season, end of last season, that this year was going to be a big year for Diggle and Felicity, that they were going to get some big storylines- just like LAST season Laurel got big story lines and a lot of attention. Last season she probably had the biggest story line after Oliver with her transition into Black Canary. Now she has to take a back seat to Felicity and Diggle so they get their moment.

The truth is they shouldn't have rushed her journey to Black Canary to completion as fast as they did and left nothing further to explore in terms of Laurel's character development. If they had chilled there jets a little and done something more like they have been doing with Thea in her Hero evolution they would probably have had more to give Laurel then they do currently.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

There is still plenty of explore with Laurels journey as Black Canary. Even just having her in the background training is development enough. Thea's hero evolution isn't much different except they just added in Thea having to deal with the urge to kill, other then that she is just as far as Laurel is.

But in general, these writers just need to learn better planning. They have 23 episodes a year, each at 40mins. They have 5 big characters to service, that is fairly easy to do. Everyone should have a journey throughout the season.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Laurel has become the Black Canary, completely bad ass and an expert in terms of fighting and skill. She is at peace and happy with her choice. Quentin and Oliver have accepted her choice to be Black Canary and she has their approval. She has made peace with her sister and they have had closure. She has made peace with Oliver and they have had closure. She has made peace with Quentin and they have had closure.

Not a great deal left in her personal journey.

If its Quentin who dies then I think that will open up story opportunities for her both because of her grief and because they hinted that Laurel choice to raise Sara would come with consequences so she would have the guilt that her choice to raise left them short a lazarus pit and now her father is dead. Then going into the next season Laurel would end up being their connection to the Law....although Oliver being Mayor would be as well.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

There is always room to grow in everyone. Laurel has not mastered as many martial arts techniques as say Sara or Oliver have. She is good with a gun but not an expert like Diggle is. She can be at peace and happy with being a vigilante, doesn't mean that she doesn't want to continue developing and bettering herself. Even in the comics, Black Canary was one of the top fighters but still sought out new trainers.

Laurels father is working with the big bad, the big bad has eyes on Laurel, that is storyline enough. There could easily be a set up for whoever is watching Laurel to grow an obsession with her and that become a storyline that is able to run in the background until coming to fruition. Laurel could gain access to legal files and find out more about DD or his men, storyline enough.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-09-2016 at 09:57 PM
Old 01-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Hey will you guys go vote on the Arrow board Villain survivor? Please

Im not jumping my jets yet the Felicity is oracle thing yet. Our fandom loves to rush to judgement before even knowing the facts. Ill wait and see it play out first then past judgement. Even if she is in a wheelchair for a bit i still doubt its permanent. Also dont think Guggie is trying to play damage control. He can't change whtats already been filmed. The CW doesn't have that kind of time or budget.

Besides we had that possible hallucination spoiler at there for quite some time ever before the wheelchair pics leaked. Some "media" dude said he had inside knowledge abut it. I guess he was right.

I also still think the Women of Arrow are treated way better with story lines than any of the ladies on Flash. So until i see Iris or Caitlin get a better story line... Im gonna be happy with what they are giving us. Its at least something.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Im pretty sure the whole DD vs Quentin thing is sort of wrapped up and has moved on to DD vs Oliver Queen, Mayor hopeful. DD pretty much knows that Quentin is playing him and he still hasn't gone after Laurel or acted on his threats. Oliver Queen however has openly targeted him and is trying to expose him and therefore poses more of threat then what Quentin does.

I honestly think the whole Quentin working with DD was more for shock factor then anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Also dont think Guggie is trying to play damage control. He can't change whtats already been filmed. The CW doesn't have that kind of time or budget.
Yeah damage control would be the CW stepping in and asking the websites who published the photos to remove them not giving out random spoilers. Marc G doesn't strike me as the type of person who cares if the comic fanboys get in a tizzy Also he has on occasion given out spoilers in the past.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

It can't or should I say, shouldn't be wrapped up until DD tries to kill Q and L. Just as he made good on this threat to Oliver, he would do the same with Q. He doesn't seem to like to be betrayed.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Didn't Dark make some ominous comment to Lance though... I can't recall the exact wording. It was something like "there are worse things i could do then kill your daughter." Its was kind of a what could possibly be worse moment.

So, i thought it seemed like after that Darhk possibly had other plans for Lance.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread