Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Arrow S&S #144: CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

After defeating his most formidable foe to date and riding off into the sunset with longtime flame Felicity Smoak, Oliver Queen (a.k.a. The Arrow) left Starling City with the hopes of beginning a new life. But will Oliver ever truly be able to leave behind his past as the Arrow, and, if so, what becomes of the team he has worked so hard to assemble? Will Diggle, Thea, and Laurel be left to continue Oliver's crusade without him? And with Malcolm Merlyn having ascended to the top of the League of Assassins as the new Ra's al Ghul, is anyone really safe?

Next Episodes

4x16: "Broken Hearts"
Airdate: March 23, 2016
Description:CUPID RETURNS TO WREAK HAVOC ON STAR CITY – A heartbroken Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick) returns to Star City with one goal – to destroy anyone in love. The team learns she’s killing couples on their wedding day so Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decide to pose as bait. John Showalter directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto & Nolan Dunbar (AR416). Original airdate 3/23/16.
Spoilers:

4x17: "Beacon of Hope"
Airdate: March 30, 2016
Description:BRIE LARVAN AKA THE BUG-EYED BANDIT SETS HER SIGHTS ON FELICITY – Brie Larvan (guest star Emily Kinney) breaks out of jail and turns up at Palmer Tech threatening to kill everyone unless she gets the bio-chip that is implanted in Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) spine. When Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes that Felicity, Thea (Willa Holland) and Donna (guest star Charlotte Ross) are trapped in Palmer Tech with everyone else, he looks to a surprising ally to help Team Arrow save the day. Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#417). Original airdate 3/30/16.
Spoilers:

4x18: Eleven-Fifty-Nine TBA
Airdate:MALCOLM MAKES HIS MOVE – Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) learn that Merlyn (John Barrowman) is going to try to break Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) out of prison. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) gets a surprising offer and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) has a heart-to-heart talk with Curtis (guest star Echo Kellum). Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Keto Shimizu (#AR418). Original airdate 4/6/2016. TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

4x19: "Canary Cry"
Airdate: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

4x20: Genesis TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

4x21: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

4x22: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

4x23: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Season 4 Spoilers (Articles/SDCC & IGN Interviews)
Articles: Damien Darhk casting:http://tvline.com/2015/07/10/arrow-...season-4-cast/
Stephen Amell TV Junkies interview: http://www.thetvjunkies.com/stephen-...nd-directing/]

Videos:
Stephen Amell Nerd HQ Panel SDCC 2015:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9Lch5b3O4
Stephen Amell Upfronts 2015 Interview: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlZun3znYg
Emily Bett Rickards Upfronts 2015 Interview: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T_L8U1N1-Vc
SDCC 2015 Arrow Panel: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=yrIATYxfNo0
SDCC 2015 IGN Interview Stephen & Emily Arrow: Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, Wendy Mericle Season 4 Interview - Comic-Con 2015 - IGN Video
SDCC 2015 Entertainment Weekly Interview Arrow Cast:Universal Player

Past Threads:
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79
80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 94, 95, 96, 97,98 99,
100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 110 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119,
120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 139
140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149

* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)
Echo Kellum (Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific)
Colton Haynes (Roy Harper/Arsenal)
Katrina Law(Nyssa Al Ghul)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Haynes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

Title Suggestions
"In deference of good taste, we will forego the removal of shirts."

Old 03-27-2016, 10:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Can we pick a title? Something from the last episode? Maybe a Lance quote from his court room scene or something.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:16 AM
Total Fan

Tftnt. Wish we would get more spoilers and that this death would hurry up and happen.

icon by

Sarah
Old 03-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Bug Eyed Bandit? Is she that Bee chick from that episode of the Flash with Felicity and Ray?
"I was very pleased that the happy ending involved what seems to be a more peaceful lifestyle with someone who loved and respects her, who she loves and respects back, and the fact that there was life created out of that I think is a really beautiful thing.”
- Jennifer Morrison on Emma Swan’s happy ending
Old 03-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Bug Eyed Bandit? Is she that Bee chick from that episode of the Flash with Felicity and Ray?
Pretty sure she is but I could be wrong.

icon by

Sarah
Old 03-27-2016, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was reading with interest the discussion about ratings and the thoughts on what caused the ratings on the previous thread. I don't think people really understand ratings, and beyond that all the factors that go into why a show might score a certain number. More importantly, what it really means. The fact is, up and down variation from week to week is called common variation. It's normal, it's random, and it's influenced by a variety of factors. It's what industry calls "special variation" that you want to worry about. For example, if a show's numbers continually move in an upward or downward pattern or trend one way only from week to week. At that point, a showrunner (and the corporate entities funding them) would want to know why that is happening, whether it's good or bad.

Sometimes it's easier to see a visual picture. I've seen so many references to people stating emphatically that a number occurred due to xyz event, and it's simply not true. Here is a line graph chart of Arrow's ratings from season 1 to season 4 to date. What you'll notice is that the ratings bounce up and down. That is normal and expected. The CW is not quaking in their boots. What you can't see, nor none of us can pinpoint, is that one particular event caused any of these ratings to occur. Now, I'd lay good money that if we took a sample poll of the Nielsen viewers who watched 308 or 408, we'd hear them say it was because of the flarrow crossover. But that's my conjecture because I haven't asked those people. Fact is, you've got multiple things happening that's different from week to week. It might be things such as poor or lack of promotion, US holiday weeks, sports events like the NCAA march madness or NBA basketball, preemptions in major markets, or even dislike or disinterest based on episode descriptions. These are variables, and they are different from week to week. Back in season 2 I believe, we even had to deal with inference due to the Olympics.

What you will see, is that the ratings tend to mirror the patterns. What I see is that during this period of the seasons, the ratings tend to be in a downward pattern. That is normal. I expect that to occur. I'll expect to see it around this time in season 5 too. Why? Because the statistical pattern is proving it to me. What I also expect to see is that the ratings will likely take a little uptick for the last few episodes. For that's the established pattern this show follows.

I haven't mentioned the other measurement tools that are used to assign value to a show. Social media is one component of that. I believe we tend to focus on that, regardless of the percentage size of fanbase using it because we are a part of that group. The CW, DC and WB all have data that tells them what the pulse point is on social media, what is talked about etc. But that's not the only tool. It's not all "Twitter and Tumblr says" as I so often read. There are focus groups, survey groups, and even marketing companies that provide data on everything from the shows to the advertisers to the actors. So it's a lot of data groups all being compiled to inform the networks.

To summarize, ratings should vary. Because of all the variances. But Arrow is doing just fine. They're surprisingly doing better than fine, because if I did a chart showing how historically shows decrease in ratings as they age, Arrow is defying the odds.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Good job throwing out the actual facts instead of some trumped up, over emotional, fanwank as to why the ratings fluctuate!!

Speaking of pandering, I'm pretty sure that by the standard y'all go off of then Sara being killed off so that Laurel could steal her mask, outfit, and wig (hope she laundered it before wearing it) could absolutely be considered pandering. If pandering means I'm getting what I want to see on my screen, then YUMMY!! MORE PLEASE!!

And before you come at me with "but in the comics" : Sara is more like comics BC than Laurel could ever dream to be. Sara got Sin, then badass martial arts skills, the dip in the Lazarus Pit, the actual romance with Oliver as their comic counterparts. All Laurel got is her name and a dog collar that lets off a car alarm when she opens her mouth.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonchaser (View Post)
I was reading with interest the discussion about ratings and the thoughts on what caused the ratings on the previous thread. I don't think people really understand ratings, and beyond that all the factors that go into why a show might score a certain number. More importantly, what it really means. The fact is, up and down variation from week to week is called common variation. It's normal, it's random, and it's influenced by a variety of factors. It's what industry calls "special variation" that you want to worry about. For example, if a show's numbers continually move in an upward or downward pattern or trend one way only from week to week. At that point, a showrunner (and the corporate entities funding them) would want to know why that is happening, whether it's good or bad.

Sometimes it's easier to see a visual picture. I've seen so many references to people stating emphatically that a number occurred due to xyz event, and it's simply not true. Here is a line graph chart of Arrow's ratings from season 1 to season 4 to date. What you'll notice is that the ratings bounce up and down. That is normal and expected. The CW is not quaking in their boots. What you can't see, nor none of us can pinpoint, is that one particular event caused any of these ratings to occur. Now, I'd lay good money that if we took a sample poll of the Nielsen viewers who watched 308 or 408, we'd hear them say it was because of the flarrow crossover. But that's my conjecture because I haven't asked those people. Fact is, you've got multiple things happening that's different from week to week. It might be things such as poor or lack of promotion, US holiday weeks, sports events like the NCAA march madness or NBA basketball, preemptions in major markets, or even dislike or disinterest based on episode descriptions. These are variables, and they are different from week to week. Back in season 2 I believe, we even had to deal with inference due to the Olympics.

What you will see, is that the ratings tend to mirror the patterns. What I see is that during this period of the seasons, the ratings tend to be in a downward pattern. That is normal. I expect that to occur. I'll expect to see it around this time in season 5 too. Why? Because the statistical pattern is proving it to me. What I also expect to see is that the ratings will likely take a little uptick for the last few episodes. For that's the established pattern this show follows.

I haven't mentioned the other measurement tools that are used to assign value to a show. Social media is one component of that. I believe we tend to focus on that, regardless of the percentage size of fanbase using it because we are a part of that group. The CW, DC and WB all have data that tells them what the pulse point is on social media, what is talked about etc. But that's not the only tool. It's not all "Twitter and Tumblr says" as I so often read. There are focus groups, survey groups, and even marketing companies that provide data on everything from the shows to the advertisers to the actors. So it's a lot of data groups all being compiled to inform the networks.

To summarize, ratings should vary. Because of all the variances. But Arrow is doing just fine. They're surprisingly doing better than fine, because if I did a chart showing how historically shows decrease in ratings as they age,
Excellent post bravo! And lo and behold what do you know the ratings all go up and down cyclically regardless of content or what features or doesnt feature in an ep.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Arrow is doing great going by the CW standards. Seriously, it is the CW. They will always renew their shows it is selling well overseas, has a huge Social Media presence, and has above .5 ratings. Actually Reign and Crazy Ex Girlfriends rating is like below .2 and they got renewed .
With that all said, thanks moonchaser for explaining it really well.

Anyways, I can't wait to watch the Donna/Felicity/Thea scenes. Seriously, I wonder how many times Thea or Felicity would slip up around Donna trying to hide their secrets .

Old 03-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Tfntt!

And thanks for the actual ratings data! Also if we were to go by the flawed logic of the content dictates the ratings, the actual truth would be you break up Olicity you lose viewers. Since the epaidoe before 4x16 ended with their break up. But ratings don't black and white tell you why people did it didn't watch.

Also yes so excited for Thea/Felicity/Donna scenes!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiredToDamon (View Post)
Anyways, I can't wait to watch the Donna/Felicity/Thea scenes. Seriously, I wonder how many times Thea or Felicity would slip up around Donna trying to hide their secrets
I have a theory that Donna is doing a season one Felicity and playing along with their BS while really wised up on what she suspect is really going on.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
Good job throwing out the actual facts instead of some trumped up, over emotional, fanwank as to why the ratings fluctuate!!

Speaking of pandering, I'm pretty sure that by the standard y'all go off of then Sara being killed off so that Laurel could steal her mask, outfit, and wig (hope she laundered it before wearing it) could absolutely be considered pandering. If pandering means I'm getting what I want to see on my screen, then YUMMY!! MORE PLEASE!!

And before you come at me with "but in the comics" : Sara is more like comics BC than Laurel could ever dream to be. Sara got Sin, then badass martial arts skills, the dip in the Lazarus Pit, the actual romance with Oliver as their comic counterparts. All Laurel got is her name and a dog collar that lets off a car alarm when she opens her mouth.
They seemed to have every intent of making Laurel the BC they just changed the way they did it. I really don't see how that is pandering. They have handled all her storylines so poorly IMO. I will be glad when she is killed so I can be done with the show for the most part. I do have an intrest in Felicity on her own so I do want to see what happens with her and I am curious how Olicity gets back together.

icon by

Sarah
Old 03-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, the ratings talk is not limited to Arrow. Each year around this time, every fandom brings up the ratings. I just shrug it off if I know the show has been renewed. I only worry about these discussions when I show I like is in jeopardy. So, I can take part of the Renew whatever hashtag. Arrow is no where near that.

AH! Pandering!!! How I love thee.

Let's move on from this guys.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiredToDamon (View Post)
Yeah, the ratings talk is not limited to Arrow. Each year around this time, every fandom brings up the ratings. I just shrug it off if I know the show has been renewed. I only worry about these discussions when I show I like is in jeopardy. So, I can take part of the Renew whatever hashtag. Arrow is no where near that.
Plus correct me if Im wrong but isnt Arrow like the most popular CW show on Netflix? I thought I read Stephen say that at some con? The CW is probably making the same if not more from their streaming service deals and international sales then theyd get from traditional advert sales.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
Plus correct me if Im wrong but isnt Arrow like the most popular CW show on Netflix? I thought I read Stephen say that at some con? The CW is probably making the same if not more from their streaming service deals and international sales then theyd get from traditional advert sales.
Arrow from what I have read is the number 2 show on CW, has a huge social media presence, sells well overseas, is one of the Top Netflix shows, and is in the top 10 on Hulu each week it comes on live. So, Arrow rating talk doesn't bother me. I just shrug it off knowing what I know of CW shows.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread