Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2014, 12:02 PM
  #1
Extreme Fan
 
LadyChaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,305
Arrow S & S #86: Ceasefire For The Holidays From The Arrow Thread!


After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...





3x08: The Brave and The Bold"
Airdate:December 3, 2014
Description:
“Flash vs. Arrow” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV) (Flash part of the Crossover event)

PART ONE OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT WITH THE FLASH AND ARROW — Barry (Grant Gustin) is thrilled when Oliver (guest star Stephen Amell), Felicity (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) come to Central City to investigate a case involving a deadly boomerang. Excited about teaming up with his friend, Barry asks Oliver if he’d like to help him stop Ray Bivolo, the meta-human Barry is currently tracking. Bivolo causes people to lose control of their emotions and has been using that skill to rob banks. Unfortunately, the superhero partnership doesn’t go as smoothly as Barry expected. When Oliver tells Barry he still has a lot to learn, Barry sets out to prove him wrong by attempting to stop Bivolo alone. However, when Bivolo infects Barry and sets him on a rage rampage, everyone is in danger, and the only one who can stop him is the Arrow. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is furious when Eddie (Rick Cosnett) tries to get a task force to stop The Flash, Joe and Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) agree the Arrow is a bad influence on Barry, and Caitlin and Cisco deal with a new team in S.T.A.R. Labs. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brooke Eikmeier (#107). Original airdate 12/2/2014.

“The Brave and the Bold” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

PART TWO OF THE ARROW AND FLASH CROSSOVER EVENT — Oliver (Stephen Amell), Arsenal (Colton Haynes) and Diggle (David Ramsey) track down the location of a boomerang-wielding killer named Digger Harkness (guest star) but are surprised when they come face to face with an A.R.G.U.S. team. Diggle asks Lyla (guest star) why A.R.G.U.S. is involved but she defers until Harkness attacks the building, killing several agents and targeting Lyla. The Arrow joins the fight and gets help from an old friend – The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin). Harkness manages to get away and Oliver teams up with Barry again to find him before he can get to Lyla. When Harkness plants five bombs in the city that are timed to explode at the same time, both teams must come together to save the city. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg, and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Grainne Godfree Schwartz (#308). Original airdate 12/3/2014.
Spoilers:
Nick Tarabay/Captain Boomerang, Flash team will cross over

3x09: The Climb
Airdate:December 10, 2014
Description:
RA’S AL GHUL GIVES OLIVER AN ULTIMATUM; DINAH LANCE PAYS LAUREL A VISIT — Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) returns to Starling City and tells Oliver (Stephen Amell) that her father, Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) has given Oliver 48 hours to find Sara’s killer or the League of Assassins will start killing the citizens of Starling City. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is stunned when her father (Paul Blackthorne) delivers a very special Christmas gift – her mother, Dinah (guest star Alex Kingston). Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) tries to make amends with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Oliver sets a meeting with Ra’s al Ghul. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu (#309). Original airdate 12/10/2014.
Spoilers:
Mid-season finale.
Shirtless Swordfight (presumably with Ras)

3x10: Left Behind
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:
We will most likely see Laurel in costume for the first time.

Oliver will be present in flashbacks only for multiple eps.
Eps 10-12 are a trilogy.
Laurel/Dig emotional scene
Guggie says this will be a big Team Arrow ep, big Malcolm ep

3x11: Midnight City
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:
Stephen Amell says he has had more days off for the "winter run" then he ever has before."
EBR said she filmed an emotionally draining, sad scene prior to an interview for 3.05...may have been for this ep or poss 10.x

3x12: Uprising
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:
Sin will make an appearance.
Oliver will most likely return at the end of the episode

3x13: Canaries
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:
Caity Lotz and Peter Storemyer (Vertigo/Werner Zytle) were on set.

3x14: The Return
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:
Slade may be returning

3x15: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x16: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x17: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x18: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x19: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x20: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x21: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x22: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: TBA
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36







Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85


Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman


Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)



Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)


Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment



The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.


Im not sure if I did this right...let me know if I need to correct this.
__________________
I have been emotionally compromised

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)

Last edited by LadyChaos; 12-23-2014 at 12:07 PM
LadyChaos is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:08 PM
  #2
Extreme Fan
 
LadyChaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,305
Reserved space....
__________________
I have been emotionally compromised

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)

Last edited by LadyChaos; 12-23-2014 at 02:48 PM
LadyChaos is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:09 PM
  #3
Extreme Fan
 
LadyChaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,305
Ray Palmer is ultimately integral, and serves a purpose to both Oliver and Felicity.

For Oliver he is competition both professionally and personally in a sense that in Ray, we and Oliver(soon hopefully) see all the things he could have been. Oliver has at this point let Ray take both the company and Felicity from him. He has not fought for either of them yet. I believe he will come back from death sufficiently motivated to fight for both but unsure how to do it. I also think, this time, Felicity can't be his voice of reason and person to look to as she is professionally, and somewhat emotionally, involved with Palmer. Not to mention, I am sure as much as she loves Oliver; she sees that RP is probably better for the company.

For Felicity, its about finding her happy place again after years of the darkness that Oliver is pulling her into, the failed attempt at dating him, the death of a friend, and her finally using her brain in a way she can get recognition and admiration for it. It's also the networks way of setting up Felicity as the connection b/w all these superheros. Felicity will be the tie that binds them all: Arrow, Atom, and Flash. I believe that the network is trying to see if the Atom has draw enough to start its own show. Felicity will be the CW/DCTVU version of the Oracle.
Think about it.....Felicity is the only character that has successfully made ties with all the characters spanning Flash, Arrow, and potentially Flash.....


That is the purpose of Ray Palmers character....not just his affect on Oliver.
__________________
I have been emotionally compromised

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
LadyChaos is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:18 PM
  #4
Loyal Fan
 
kabous's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,996
Okay, so I was really worried about Quentin. I googled "Paul Blackthorne" and came across his twitter page. Apparently he finished episode 314 with Katie Cassidy and said "see you next year Vancouver". So all is well people. Rejoice!

Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. See you guys next year. Hopefully with a dose of new spoilers.
kabous is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:22 PM
  #5
Part-Time Fan
 
drspaceman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 128
You guys went through that last thread fast.

I really want Quentin/Donna too, anything to see more of Donna.
drspaceman is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:25 PM
  #6
Extreme Fan
 
LadyChaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
Okay, so I was really worried about Quentin. I googled "Paul Blackthorne" and came across his twitter page. Apparently he finished episode 314 with Katie Cassidy and said "see you next year Vancouver". So all is well people. Rejoice!

Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. See you guys next year. Hopefully with a dose of new spoilers.
Woohoo! SmoankLance is still possible!
__________________
I have been emotionally compromised

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
LadyChaos is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:28 PM
  #7
Part-Time Fan
 
Eclecticphilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
What's there to be confused about? I'm not arguing for or against anyone being a significant character. I'm talking about lead character status and Felicity does not qualify. Saying that is not tantamount to saying she isn't a significant character. Supporting characters have a significant role to play as well.


Lol. It has everything to do with Oliver. Have we forgotten how she came to the decision to work for Ray? Now, of course it was her decision and it gave her some much needed agency but that doesn't negate how it all comes back to Oliver.

You're going off on tangents and creating straw man arguments. Not once did I say Ray wasn't here to cause conflict or that he wasn't an antagonist. I'm talking about Felicity and her role in the story, which is to support Oliver. Oliver witnessing the kiss was a prime example of that.

Yeah silly me I didn't see the person you were responding to arguing that Felicity is the lead. I saw her arguing that Felicity has all the things that Laurel has including one episode devoted to her own flashback and a career.

Here let me help you with what a straw man argument is.

Quote:
A straw man is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of an opponent's argument. To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.
I was arguing that an antagonist story will relate to the protagonist story. Again basic story structure and on a side note why Laurel's story off on her own is so problematic. So saying that Ray is related to Oliver's story is not saying he exists for Oliver's story. There by .... not a straw man argument.

If you would like to debate whether Ray has agency outside of Oliver's story I have no problem with that because I believe he does. But simple saying no he doesn't does not constitute debate so I'm not going to devote more time to backing up my POV.

Although I will say that I admire you. I don't have the kind of time to monitor and post on a thread about a show with so many characters I actively dislike; in fact I don't have the kind of time to even watch those shows. I admire your time management that this isn't a problem for you.
Eclecticphilly is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:42 PM
  #8
MST Manager

 
NikNak's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 104,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChaos (View Post)
and yes I will fix the title as soon as I figure out how....
What do you want the title to be?
__________________
"...but I still like to think there is something about Pacey and me that no one can ever quite touch."
NikNak is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:53 PM
  #9
Extreme Fan
 
LadyChaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
What do you want the title to be?
the Title is fine..... I just forgot to include the Arrow S & S #86: at the beginning of it
__________________
I have been emotionally compromised

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
LadyChaos is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:56 PM
  #10
Absolute Fan

 
scorpio_chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
Yeah silly me I didn't see the person you were responding to arguing that Felicity is the lead. I saw her arguing that Felicity has all the things that Laurel has including one episode devoted to her own flashback and a career.

Uh, considering that the discussion was about Felicity as a lead character and not "Felicity is not significant," your point is still irrelevant. After all, the poster you referenced was responding to those saying Felicity is not a lead character.

Quote:
Here let me help you with what a straw man argument is.

I was arguing that an antagonist story will relate to the protagonist story. Again basic story structure and on a side note why Laurel's story off on her own is so problematic. So saying that Ray is related to Oliver's story is not saying he exists for Oliver's story. There by .... not a straw man argument.

If you would like to debate whether Ray has agency outside of Oliver's story I have no problem with that because I believe he does. But simple saying no he doesn't does not constitute debate so I'm not going to devote more time to backing up my POV.
Lol Here's the thing, no one was arguing anything about Ray. The discussion was about Felicity. Your whole argument is based on points that no one was arguing against. Hence, straw man argument.

Quote:
Although I will say that I admire you. I don't have the kind of time to monitor and post on a thread about a show with so many characters I actively dislike; in fact I don't have the kind of time to even watch those shows. I admire your time management that this isn't a problem for you.
Haha! I actually don't dislike hate any character on the show. I find Oliver likable at times, I find Felicity likable at times. But together, they do absolutely nothing for me. I do thoroughly enjoy other characters, like Malcolm, Nyssa, Waller, Slade, who is the reason I started watching. I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you but I do admire your passive aggressive attempt at insulting another poster. Cute.
__________________
"I apply foot to ass and match lead for lead."

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 12-23-2014 at 01:01 PM
scorpio_chick is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:58 PM
  #11
Extreme Fan
 
LadyChaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,305
'Arrow' Season 3 Spoilers: Sara Lance to Return in Episode 13 : Entertainment : Latin Post

Quote:
"It's an episode where a lot of things that we've been doing and setting up during the season really sort of come together," said the executive producer, adding that he will bring things "full circle." He also hinted that "It's not a 'climactic' kind of episode, but there's a feeling of a big payoff by the end of it."


The EP also dropped a few spoilers about Laurel's transition into the Black Canary.


"The one thing I want to clarify -- and I don't know how this happened -- it got out there in the ether that we were doing a Black Canary arc," he told Comic Book Resources. "That's not really the case. In episodes 10, 11 and 12, there's some pretty huge growth for Laurel and big steps taken on the road to becoming the Black Canary. That said, it's not the Black Canary show. I'd say episode 10 is all about Team Arrow and dealing with the ramifications and the aftershocks of 309."
__________________
I have been emotionally compromised

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
LadyChaos is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 01:10 PM
  #12
Supreme Fan

 
semmanclana's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Uh, considering that the discussion was about Felicity as a lead character and not "Felicity is not significant," your point is still irrelevant. After all, the poster you referenced was responding to those saying Felicity is not a lead character.


Lol Here's the thing, no one was arguing anything about Ray. The discussion was about Felicity. Your whole argument is based on points that no one was arguing against. Hence, straw man argument.



Haha! I actually don't dislike hate any character on the show. I find Oliver likable at times, I find Felicity likable at times. But together, they do absolutely nothing for me. I do thoroughly enjoy other characters, like Malcolm, Nyssa, Waller, Slade, who is the reason I started watching. I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you but I do admire your passive aggressive attempt at insulting another poster. Cute.
I just realized something. We should be rejoicing!! Not only do we have 3 episodes of BC back to back, we also have episodes of minimal Oliver.

We're gonna see a lot of our female lead so I'm good. People can think what they want regardless of how wrong.
__________________
" Karen Page "
semmanclana is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 01:12 PM
  #13
Extreme Fan
 
LadyChaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,305
Im still trying to figure out why you guys even watch the show if hate the person who has the most screen time in every ep...since you know..its his show.... and love the person who generally speaking as the least amount of airtime
__________________
I have been emotionally compromised

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
LadyChaos is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 01:15 PM
  #14
Part-Time Fan
 
drspaceman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChaos (View Post)
Im still trying to figure out why you guys even watch the show if hate the person who has the most screen time in every ep...since you know..its his show.... and love the person who generally speaking as the least amount of airtime
I guess it shows a high level of commitment . I couldn't watch a show like that, it would drive me .
drspaceman is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 01:20 PM
  #15
Part-Time Fan
 
Eclecticphilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Uh, considering that the discussion was about Felicity as a lead character and not "Felicity is not significant," your point is still irrelevant. After all, the poster you referenced was responding to those saying Felicity is not a lead character.


Lol Here's the thing, no one was arguing anything about Ray. The discussion was about Felicity. Your whole argument is based on points that no one was arguing against. Hence, straw man argument.



Haha! I actually don't dislike hate any character on the show. I find Oliver likable at times, I find Felicity likable at times. But together, they do absolutely nothing for me. I do thoroughly enjoy other characters, like Malcolm, Nyssa, Waller, Slade, who is the reason I started watching. I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you but I do admire your passive aggressive attempt at insulting another poster. Cute.
If that's how you want to take it... okay? lol I don't waste my time with passive aggressive, I find it much less time consuming just to be direct. But feel free to be "cute" in your own post. I'm frankly shocked you like any character other than Diggle since that's the only aspect let alone character I've seen you acknowledge that you like. In fact I've read post after post about all the problems you have with the show, repeatedly.

Clearly you and I are never going to see eye to eye. And I don't care enough to go back and quote you.... yet again and rehash statements that I've already made. I find it highly unproductive. So I'll agree to disagree.
Eclecticphilly is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks



Forum Affiliates
Spoilers Guide
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST