Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Arrow S&S #93: "I was wrong when I said Oliver's mission was over because it's not just Oliver's mission anymore. It's ours." - Felicity

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

3x13: Canaries
Airdate: 2/11/15
Description: VERTIGO (GUEST STAR PETER STORMARE) RETURNS AND PITS CANARY AGAINST BLACK CANARY — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is thrown by the changes within Team Arrow. He’s used to calling the shots but sees that the team has evolved in his absence and tensions quickly escalate in the lair. Oliver is furious that Laurel (Katie Cassidy) has been going out as the Black Canary and tells her to stop risking her life, but when Vertigo (guest star Peter Stormare) hits the streets again, Laurel goes against Oliver’s wishes and tracks down Vertigo who hits her with a full dose of the drug. Laurel’s biggest fears revolve around her sister Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) so the Vertigo causes her to hallucinate an epic fight between Canary and Black Canary. Meanwhile, Chase (guest star Austin Butler) surprises Thea (Willa Holland), and Roy (Colton Haynes) warns Thea to stay away from Malcolm (John Barrowman). Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Emilia Ortega Aldrich (#313). Original airdate 2/11/2015.
Spoilers:
Caity Lotz and Peter Storemyer (Vertigo/Werner Zytle) were on set.
Stephen Amell filmed in the new upgraded suit, so we can hope he's around in present day.

3x14: The Return
Airdate: 2/18/15
Description: THE RETURN OF DEATHSTROKE AND TOMMY MERLYN — Malcolm (John Barrowman) puts Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Thea (Willa Holland) in a dangerous situation that lands them on Lian Yu with Oliver’s former enemy, Deathstroke (guest star Manu Bennett). A flashback reveals when Oliver and Maseo (guest star Karl Yune) returned to Starling City to retrieve the Omega bio weapon, and despite being under strict orders from Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) not to reveal himself to anyone, Oliver looks in on his family, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Tommy (guest star Colin Donnell). Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Erik Oleson (#314). Original airdate 2/18/2015.
Spoilers:
Slade may be returning.
It appears flashback hair Oliver returns to starling.
Colin Odonnel filmed flashback scene with Katie Cassidy

3x15: Nanda Parbat
Airdate:2/25/15
Description: MERLYN IS CAPTURED BY RA’S AL GHUL; THE ATOM SUIT REVEALED — Malcolm (John Barrowman) is captured by Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) and taken to Nanda Parbat. Because of his love for Thea (Willa Holland), Oliver (Stephen Amell) considers saving Merlyn. Ray (Brandon Routh) is obsessed with finishing his Atom suit so he can save the city but Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) fears he is heading down the same path as Oliver (Stephen Amell) and tries to pull him out of the lab. Gregory Smith directed the episode with story by Wendy Mericle & Ben Sokolowski and teleplay by Erik Olesen & Ben Sokolowski (#315). Original airdate 2/25/2015.
Spoilers:

3x16: The Offer
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x17: Suicidal Tendencies
Description:
Spoilers:

3x18: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x19: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x20: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x21: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x22: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92

* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 02-05-2015 at 09:33 PM
Old 01-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm laughing that people are already yelling "retcon" if Oliver happens to come across felicity in the flashbacks. Nothing has told us that he never met her before 1x03. Tbh the only thing that would be a retcon to me is if Oliver suddenly finds the photo Laurel gave him, that hasn't exsisted since S1
Old 01-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)

I'm laughing that people are already yelling "retcon" if Oliver happens to come across felicity in the flashbacks. Nothing has told us that he never met her before 1x03. Tbh the only thing that would be a retcon to me is if Oliver suddenly finds the photo Laurel gave him, that hasn't exsisted since S1
I'm not sure how that would be a retcon? More like the writers actually acknowledging history they apparently want viewers to forget.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

He hasn't been seen with that photo since his first year on the Island. Considering everything he has been through including leaving the island and arriving in HK, I would find it hilarious if he suddenly still had the photo.

As for retconning a OF meet, the whole storyline of him returning to SC is a little eh. Nothing that happens within this time is anymore unbelievable than the other. Like did OQ ever claim that 1x03 was the first time he ever set eyes on Felicity?
Old 01-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But there is no previously established fact that says he never met her before 103. The audience knows it's a retcon only because we know the story of her hiring. In show, there is nothing at all.
Maybe there is no previously established fact, but there was absolutely nothing about Oliver and Felicity's interaction in 1x03 that suggests the characters had met before, so even if I wasn't aware of how EBR's hiring came about, I would still view it as the obvious retcon that it is.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Extreme Fan

There is nothing inherently wrong with retcons. In soaps and in comics, they are necessary. In TV shows, if they last any length of time and are not just procedurals, there will be retcons. There are good ones and bad ones. Good ones nestle into available space. Oliver crossing paths with Felicity or Dig pre show would nestle fine.

And be so satisfying to me while I sit here in my rightness being proven right. Like I was last week when Laurel's BC arc went exactly as I predicted while her stans on here told me how wrong I was.

Boom. Again.

"(Love is) about finding the one who is already the right fit." -- Diggle

Last edited by thecatbastet; 01-30-2015 at 04:41 PM
Old 01-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
He hasn't been seen with that photo since his first year on the Island. Considering everything he has been through including leaving the island and arriving in HK, I would find it hilarious if he suddenly still had the photo.
Honestly, I find it more hilarious that the writers wanted us to forget in the first place. I'm never fond of storytelling that includes erasing an aspect of a character's history in order to sell something else. They'd get more props from me by acknowledging said history and building from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
There is nothing inherently wrong with retcons. In soaps and in comics, they are necessary. In TV shows, if they last any length of time and are not just procedurals, there will be retcons. There are good ones and bad ones. Good ones nestle into available space. Oliver crossing paths with Felicity or Dig pre show would nestle fine.
I don't see how this would be a good one, considering how it so very obviously insults viewer intelligence..or at least my intelligence. lol
Old 01-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Extreme Fan

It doesn't mean you have to like it. It just means it's fairly done. There is nothing that contradicts it.

In comics, Dinah Laurel Lance herself is the product of retroactive continuity.

I mean they cannot pretend this was planned preshow, so it is definitely a retcon. His returning is a preplanned retcon.

"(Love is) about finding the one who is already the right fit." -- Diggle
Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Marc Guggenheim said there was a deleted scene where he returned the photo Laurel so he technically should have the photo lol
Old 01-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Actually the photo did pop up at least once in S2, ep. 8 while Team Island and Sara were looking for the submarine.

As for how Oliver gets it back so he can have it in season 1, I assume it's in the fuselage back on the island (to which he's inevitably going to return) with the rest of what he left behind when he went to rescue Sara from Slade. Or maybe he took his stuff with him onto the submarine, and the next time he meets Anatoly (S4 maybe?) he'll get it back then.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm not sure how that would be a retcon? More like the writers actually acknowledging history they apparently want viewers to forget.
It's definitely not a retcon. Acknowledging history and paying tribute to the comic canon dynamic of a couple that married in the comic. A lot of people seem to forget that this show is based on a comic and thus, two characters are very involved in the comic no matter how many want to ignore this reality. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Maybe there is no previously established fact, but there was absolutely nothing about Oliver and Felicity's interaction in 1x03 that suggests the characters had met before, so even if I wasn't aware of how EBR's hiring came about, I would still view it as the obvious retcon that it is.
Bingo.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:13 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
It doesn't mean you have to like it. It just means it's fairly done. There is nothing that contradicts it.
Common sense contradicts it. And I highly doubt such a retcon would enhance the story in any way.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Did something about Felicity in a FB come up?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I mean, it's Oliver Queen. He was in the news daily before the island. They could have met briefly before. Doesn't mean they were close. Given the way their first scene went, it wouldn't be hard to believe Oliver knew of Felicity. So yeh, I don't need it, but there is definitely room for it to be written in a believable manner despite the fact that I do get irritated every time they change aspects of Oliver's 5 year absence.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Can we please stop with the comics the writers aren't following the books didn't they say this how many times. It's getting really old. If they wanted to do the comics they should have done it in season1.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread