Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Arrow S&S #96 "You tasted death and you wanted more, but the truth is everyone and everything must come to an end"

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

3x13: Canaries
Airdate: 2/11/15
Description: VERTIGO (GUEST STAR PETER STORMARE) RETURNS AND PITS CANARY AGAINST BLACK CANARY — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is thrown by the changes within Team Arrow. He’s used to calling the shots but sees that the team has evolved in his absence and tensions quickly escalate in the lair. Oliver is furious that Laurel (Katie Cassidy) has been going out as the Black Canary and tells her to stop risking her life, but when Vertigo (guest star Peter Stormare) hits the streets again, Laurel goes against Oliver’s wishes and tracks down Vertigo who hits her with a full dose of the drug. Laurel’s biggest fears revolve around her sister Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) so the Vertigo causes her to hallucinate an epic fight between Canary and Black Canary. Meanwhile, Chase (guest star Austin Butler) surprises Thea (Willa Holland), and Roy (Colton Haynes) warns Thea to stay away from Malcolm (John Barrowman). Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Emilia Ortega Aldrich (#313). Original airdate 2/11/2015.
Spoilers:
Caity Lotz and Peter Storemyer (Vertigo/Werner Zytle) were on set.
Stephen Amell filmed in the new upgraded suit, so we can hope he's around in present day.

3x14: The Return
Airdate: 2/18/15
Description: THE RETURN OF DEATHSTROKE AND TOMMY MERLYN — Malcolm (John Barrowman) puts Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Thea (Willa Holland) in a dangerous situation that lands them on Lian Yu with Oliver’s former enemy, Deathstroke (guest star Manu Bennett). A flashback reveals when Oliver and Maseo (guest star Karl Yune) returned to Starling City to retrieve the Omega bio weapon, and despite being under strict orders from Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) not to reveal himself to anyone, Oliver looks in on his family, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Tommy (guest star Colin Donnell). Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Erik Oleson (#314). Original airdate 2/18/2015.
Spoilers:
Slade may be returning.
It appears flashback hair Oliver returns to starling.
Colin Odonnel filmed flashback scene with Katie Cassidy

3x15: Nanda Parbat
Airdate:2/25/15
Description: MERLYN IS CAPTURED BY RA’S AL GHUL; THE ATOM SUIT REVEALED — Malcolm (John Barrowman) is captured by Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) and taken to Nanda Parbat. Because of his love for Thea (Willa Holland), Oliver (Stephen Amell) considers saving Merlyn. Ray (Brandon Routh) is obsessed with finishing his Atom suit so he can save the city but Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) fears he is heading down the same path as Oliver (Stephen Amell) and tries to pull him out of the lab. Gregory Smith directed the episode with story by Wendy Mericle & Ben Sokolowski and teleplay by Erik Olesen & Ben Sokolowski (#315). Original airdate 2/25/2015.
Spoilers:

3x16: The Offer
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x17: Suicidal Tendencies
Description:
Spoilers:

3x18: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x19: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x20: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x21: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x22: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just really wish Felicity and Oliver would start talking to each other I feel like alot of their problems stem from the fact that neither one is talking to the other or willing to listen to other. Once they actually start talking to each other again and actually listening then they will start to make it through to the other side, so the good part can begin.

And yes Hannahfan I too question when Felicity and Ray reached a point were hooking up was a probability....its been a whole bunch of tell not show And Felicity is having to bear the burden.

On the plus side at least The writers are supposedly cleared up any doubts about the status of Laurel/Olivers relationship so its just a matter of rolling our eyes through Raylicity before getting to actual Olicity development and forward progression.

^I agree, I really want Oliver and Felicity to start talking to each other. It would really help them to open up about their feelings for each other. And yeah I found Laurel's line about the relationship unnecessary but like you said it's really just another reminder that O/L are very very over.

Quote:
Kreisberg remarked, “We often talk about what life would be like if Twitter existed back in the days of Cheers or Moonlighting. Part of the fun of watching couples on television is keeping them apart and watching how other people come in and out of their lives. There are a lot of people who believe that Oliver and Laurel should be together and people who believe Oliver and Felicity should be together. We’re not sure how it’s all going to end up, we just do what’s right at the time. For right now, Oliver has decided "I can’t do this" and Felicity is not just going to sit around waiting for him. She’s probably the most healthy of all of them. He’s shutting himself down emotionally when he has this amazing person who is basically offering him hope and guidance and friendship and love and everything and he doesn't feel that he deserves it and doesn’t feel that it’s best for her whether she agrees with it or not. Then you’ve got Ray who, in a lot of ways, is real analog to Oliver - he’s had a tragedy and he’s trying to do right by it. He’s opening his heart to her and he’s Brandon Routh, so how can you blame her?”
Arrow Producers on the Latest Move by Ra's al Ghul - IGN
^Ugh, whether Olicity is endgame or not, O/L would be the absolute worst way to end this show. Anything but that please writers.

Also all I can say is Ray's departure from this show cannot come any faster. I actually love Brandon Routh but I cannot stand this Raylicity crap. It's so badly written and it's really a waste of Felicity's time. I am all for Felicity not settling for less than she deserves while Oliver is acting like an idiot but this is Raylicity situation is just stupid and almost nobody is enjoying it. Please make it stop. Why do the writers enjoy torturing us with this crap?

Also I feel like Oliver didn't deserve most of the yelling at him that he got this episode. He's not wrong in thinking Laurel would react badly to the truth about Sara's death. And while she didn't blame Thea, she did do exactly what she did in the first few eps after Sara died- recklessly go after someone she cannot possibly defeat and pull a gun on him. So she didn't exactly prove Oliver wrong. She does however keep proving how not ready to be a vigilante she is with her reckless, over-emotional actions and her belief that she is capable of things she's not actually capable of doing. Oliver's not wrong in saying that crap will get her killed. Also mention she really doesn't have any room to be talking about lying to people's faces. She actively deceived and lied to her father for months about Sara. Someone might need to get off their high horse that's all I'm saying.

And as for everyone yelling at him about rescuing MM, while it was yes a little crazy, I totally understand him wanting to protect Thea's soul. He knows what it's like to live with immense guilt, to lose parts of yourself, and to feel like your soul is being overcome by darkness-of course he doesn't want that for Thea. I didn't like that he was working with MM in the first place, it's been a disaster from the get go, but I understood Oliver's choice there. And of course Thea has every right to be angry as hell at MM, but has she met her brother? What did she think he was going to do, just be like oh well bye bye Malcolm? So I just feel like people need to back off of Oliver a little bit. I mean the guy has endured more than most people ever will in their lifetime (not to minimize anyone else's pain but he does kind of have everyone beat in that department). He has watched multiple people he loves die in front of his eyes, he's almost died countless times now, he's watched his city get nearly destroyed multiple times, he feels like can't be with the girl he loves, he had the LoA coming after him and his sister, he had to work with and now try to save a man he hates, and so on and so on. He's dealing with a lot of crap presently. And now RAG wants him to be RAG. Wth is all I can say to that. The last thing Oliver needs to be is some recluse on a mountain leading a group of assassins. That can't be happening right? I wish we didn't have a hiatus right now.

EDIT: Because this took me too long to write to get stuck on the last page of the old thread
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 02-25-2015 at 11:53 PM
Old 02-25-2015, 11:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 02-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Oliver as Ra's? LOLOLOL Thanks for the laugh, writers!

Nyssa, girl...you are the real MVP! This woman knows how to elevate an episode.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Thank god no more Laurel and Oliver. Why would the writers want to go back to that. Since season 1 no one like them and this was way before Olicity came into the picture.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
Thank god no more Laurel and Oliver. Why would the writers want to go back to that. Since season 1 no one like them and this was way before Olicity came into the picture.
I don't know. Maybe people shouldn't be counting their chickens.

Currently Oliver and Laurel are much, much, MUCH more interesting than Oliver and Felicity. The Olicity thing has been done a hundred times before on shows with writers that actually could write romance. And let's be honest, Arrow writers cannot do romance. They try and they fail. They finally have something interesting in Laurel and Oliver.

Also, please don't call Raylicity crap. I like Ray and Felicity together. You don't see other people here calling Olicity crap. Please respect other posters.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
I liked them in season 1

But I was proud of Laurel for saying what she did. I can't believe they have a hero saying such offensive, hypocritical sht. Oliver is being a royal douche right now and I am not here for it. I am glad that the women in his life are not putting up with his crap.
- Dylan
|| STILES ● STILINSKI ♥♥♥ || #teenwolf ||
Harry Styles || Dylan O'Brien || Louis Tomlinson

Last edited by ★ darling, just hold on ★; 02-26-2015 at 05:31 AM
Old 02-26-2015, 06:00 AM
Supreme Fan

At this point I want Nyssa and Laurel to break Helena out of prison and make Birds of Prey. I have no use for Team Arrow....especially Oliver.

I just don't buy his reasoning for saving Malcolm. You claimed to love Sara....yet you are welcoming her killer with open arms and seem to have no worry about ever making him pay.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Okay I have finished watching and digested what happened and I stand by my opinon that Raylicity is a match that will burn out quickly. Despite the fact that I tried convincing myself that the writers wouldn't go there at the end of they day despite the Eps giving interviews trying to play up the "romance" Felicity went to Ray purely out of rebound to and to deal with her feelings for Oliver.

I wanted better for Felicity's character but the girl is only human. From the start of this season Felicity has been projecting all her feelings in regards to Oliver's decisions and her feeling for and about Oliver onto Ray and last episode was no exception.

On a superficial level there is an attraction and connection between them but thats just it its purely superficial. Underneath the "cute" bantering and flirting on a deeper level Ray and Felicity's relationship is entirely built around Oliver. Every time this season Felicity is upset or conflicted or angry or hurt or worried about Oliver she has gone to Ray to get away from it or vent about it or directly compare him to Oliver and tonight Ray said everything that Felicity wants to hear from Oliver so she went for it.

But eventually something will break the camels back on the Oliver and Felicity relationship the tides will change, Oliver "will get his head out of his colon" and at that time Ray will be found wanting.

As for Oliver and Laurel anything is possible but after the way their relationship has evolved particularly in this episode I don't see a full on serious romantic relationship for a good long while if at all. I think they will eventually rebuild a friendship and partnership by the end of the season or the next but there is far far too much water under the bridge and there is a current lack of understanding and respect for one another at the moment that puts a serious dead bolt on their relationship coffin.

Not to mention I have not gotten the slightest impression that the writers are even all that interested in going back to Oliver and Laurel romantically. They have had plenty of opportunity to hint at or create "moments" between O/L this season but they haven't taken any of those oppurtinites up. They are getting far more mileage and drama out of the current incarnation of their relationship then they ever got out of them when they were in a romantic one.

I for one agree that their new frenemies? dynamic is much more interesting now.

Also I found the whole Raybo Cop moment a little random for Arrow- I feel that would have worked much better in The Flash....or Smallville.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
At this point I want Nyssa and Laurel to break Helena out of prison and make Birds of Prey. I have no use for Team Arrow....especially Oliver.

I just don't buy his reasoning for saving Malcolm. You claimed to love Sara....yet you are welcoming her killer with open arms and seem to have no worry about ever making him pay.
Either the writers are thinking the viewers are stupid or they are intentionally making Oliver (and the rest of the characters) stupid.

Or, Oliver is just a guy who hates women. He likes having sex with them but he doesn't like or respect them. Look at his track record: they either need saving or he sleeps with them or he insults and beats them up.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

oliver has always been a douchecanoe. I think that's why enjoy the OL dynamic because she tells him to stfu.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
Either the writers are thinking the viewers are stupid or they are intentionally making Oliver (and the rest of the characters) stupid.

Or, Oliver is just a guy who hates women. He likes having sex with them but he doesn't like or respect them. Look at his track record: they either need saving or he sleeps with them or he insults and beats them up.
Oliver's issues isnt that he "hates" women Oliver's issue is that he needs to feel in control, understandable given he lived so much of his life completely helpless and powerless to what was happening around him and to him. This need for control sometimes extends itself to controlling or making decisions for those around him.

Right now Laurel is a loose canon to Oliver that I think he genuinely feels will either end up putting herself in danger and getting herself killed or her decisions will lead those around her including Oliver and Team Arrow to be put in danger. That might be an unfair portrait of Laurel but thats where Oliver's head is at, that she acts before she thinks.

I do think there is an element of a lack of respect and understanding from Oliver from Laurel but I think it comes from more of a place of Oliver concern that Laurel doesn't respect what he does and lives with every day as the Arrow and that she is in it for the thrill and the need to prove her self. It really a lack of understanding they both have of each other and I think its soured by their doomed romantic past.

But before we make Oliver unfairly out to be a misogynist lets not forget that in the past he has made decisions or being unfair to Roy and Diggle in the past. He is not a perfect person nor a perfect hero. He is more Batman/Iron Man rather then Superman/Captain America (the category Barry and Ray probably fall into) but thats what makes him interesting, seeing him for his flaws and watching him grow out of that into something better and I don't think Oliver is even close to finish growing.

Similar to Olicity at some point either by the end of this season or into the next the tides will turn in a non romantic variety between Laurel and Oliver and they will come to reach that understanding of each other's place in the mission but for right now I think they writers are getting more mileage from playing on the Bat/Cat antagonistic dynamic right now. So we could see Oliver and Laurel at odds for sometime.

That being said I am actually super excited to see Laurel's dynamic with Nyssa. I think Nyssa could be the person to take Laurel to a place where Oliver will have to take her seriously and respect what she is doing, and hopefully Laurel might come to understand some of the burdens Oliver has to bare.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
think they writers are getting more mileage from playing on the Bat/Cat antagonistic dynamic right now.
I really don't think you want that dynamic for them considering what that meant for Bruce/Selina. But, I do agree that watching them bicker is far more understanding. Oliver got freepassed for a lot of stuff by the others and its taken Laurel's presence for them to see that he is not always right. He needs to take several thousand seats and understand respect is a two way street. He isn't going to receive it if he isn't willing to give it. Also the lies he spouts on a regular basis in the name of protecting people is something he needed to be called out for and that's why I'm glad he has thea in his life. I want to see Oliver chill out and I hope that is his big lesson by the end of the season. He needs to learn that he can't control of everything.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
Oliver's issues isnt that he "hates" women Oliver's issue is that he needs to feel in control, understandable given he lived so much of his life completely helpless and powerless to what was happening around him and to him. This need for control sometimes extends itself to controlling or making decisions for those around him.

Right now Laurel is a loose canon to Oliver that I think he genuinely feels will either end up putting herself in danger and getting herself killed or her decisions will lead those around her including Oliver and Team Arrow to be put in danger. That might be an unfair portrait of Laurel but thats where Oliver's head is at, that she acts before she thinks.

I do think there is an element of a lack of respect and understanding from Oliver from Laurel but I think it comes from more of a place of Oliver concern that Laurel doesn't respect what he does and lives with every day as the Arrow and that she is in it for the thrill and the need to prove her self. It really a lack of understanding they both have of each other and I think its soured by their doomed romantic past.

But before we make Oliver unfairly out to be a misogynist lets not forget that in the past he has made decisions or being unfair to Roy and Diggle in the past. He is not a perfect person nor a perfect hero. He is more Batman/Iron Man rather then Superman/Captain America (the category Barry and Ray probably fall into) but thats what makes him interesting, seeing him for his flaws and watching him grow out of that into something better and I don't think Oliver is even close to finish growing.

Similar to Olicity at some point either by the end of this season or into the next the tides will turn in a non romantic variety between Laurel and Oliver and they will come to reach that understanding of each other's place in the mission but for right now I think they writers are getting more mileage from playing on the Bat/Cat antagonistic dynamic right now. So we could see Oliver and Laurel at odds for sometime.

That being said I am actually super excited to see Laurel's dynamic with Nyssa. I think Nyssa could be the person to take Laurel to a place where Oliver will have to take her seriously and respect what she is doing, and hopefully Laurel might come to understand some of the burdens Oliver has to bare.
I definitely agree that Laurel and Oliver's relationship is much more interesting now.

I'll agree to disagree about the control vs misogyny thing. People interpret things differently. I respect that but I think Oliver is a great example for showing the difference between a hero and the lead character.

I feel that he treats woman poorly. That is just how I feel and how I see things.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)

I agree with you and it's why I've temporarily dropped the show. I have issues with Oliver and how he treats women.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread