Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Arrow Spoilers and Speculation #47 - "You made me a hero, Slade." - Oliver, 2x23

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his ex-girlfriend and first love Laurel, and best friend Tommy, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the attack on the Glades by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his personal driver (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his executive assistant (computer expert) Oliver, the Arrow is cleaning up the city in the wake of the destruction of the Glades. Roy Harper, the boy who hero worships the Arrow is also working for him behind the scenes. As well as, Officer Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow). Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...
The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.
Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

CW Fall Lineup

3.01--> TBA
Airdate-->TBA
Description-->

Season 3 Filming to begin July 9th, with prep beginning in mid june.

General Spoilers-->
Stephen Amell Confirmed in Flash Pilot
Quote:
“In the Flash pilot, Barry comes to me,” Stephen Amell told TVGuide.com’s Natalie Abrams. “[It's a] little snippet in the Flash pilot where he and I share a scene together, it’s in his pilot, but [filming] it felt like our show because he’s coming to Starling City
John Borrowman promoted to Series Regular for S3
Set Photos/Candids and Videos -->
SHOOT: ARROW Films Stakeout Off Main Street in East Vancouver – Updated | yvrshoots
SHOOT: ARROW’s Willa Holland & Bex Taylor-Klaus in Yaletown’s Mary & Lorne Brown Park | yvrshoots
SHOOT: ARROW’s (Katie Cassidy & Stephen Amell) in Yaletown’s Mary & Lorne Brown Park | yvrshoots
Arrow - Season 2 - Set Report and Photos - 20th August 2013 | Spoilers
Arrow films scenes for episode 205 Minor & Notable Spoilers involving the Lance Family. - CANADAGRAPHS
SHOOT: Dylan Bruce (Hot Paul), Katie Cassidy & David Ramsey Film ARROW at the Vancouver Art Gallery | yvrshoots
[/RIGHT]
Twitter-->
Cast-->
Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy/Laurel "Dinah" Lance
Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak
Colton Haynes/Roy Harper
Willa Holland/ Thea Queen
Caity Lotz/Sara Lance
Manu Benett/Slade Wilson
Colin Salmon/Walter Steele
Crew-->
Greg Berlanti/Executive Producer[/FONT][/I]
Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads

Arrow S & S #46: "We know you love her so we saved her for last." CW Arrow
Arrow S & S #45: It's happening it's happening, everybody stay calm STAY CALM
Arrow S & S #44: "You're done when I say you're done" - Slade
Arrow S & S #43: "Felicity is a B.A.M.F!!" by Just Jarred
Arrow S & S #42: "You must feel very powerful, knowing everything about everyone." Felicity to Waller 2x21
Arrow S & S #41: "The essence of heroism is to die so that others can live," - Peter to Ollie
Arrow S & S #40: "It started with the three of us. It's time we got back to that." - Oliver Queen
Arrow Spoilers and Speculation #39: "I know, Oliver . . . I could not be more proud" - Moira Queen, 2x20
Arrow S&S #38
Arrow S&S #37: This show is so unintentionally funny sometimes
Arrow S & S #36: "Welcome home." - Slade
Arrow S & S #35: "How do you kill the ultimate weapon?" - Trailer
Arrow S & S #34: "Felicity whumpers rule Fanforum." by Vaberella
Arrow S & S #33: “How is Miss Rochev these days? Still angry that Dorothy dropped a house on her sister?” by Moira Queen
Arrow S & S #32: "Get Slade or get slayed" by Vikram Phalange
Arrow S & S #31: "Team Arrow suffers a devastating loss." -Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #30: "Remember, Sara was in the League of Assassins, not the League of Heroes."- AK
Arrow S & S #29: "This has to end." - Oliver in BoP
Arrow S & S #28: "Diggle, Deadshot, H.I.V.E., Andy Diggle is not over." David Ramsey
Arrow S & S #27: "Where they are right now is not where they will end up by the end of the year," Marc Guggenheim on Sara x Oliver
Arrow S & S #26: "Dude's ego is writing checks his talent can't cash!" - DarkStar on Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #25: "See you round kid" - Slade Wilson *drives off like a boss*
Arrow S&S #24 "Well, I do think we have been butt dialed." ~ Felicity
Arrow S&S #23 "Mom, secrets are what put you here. secrets and lies. Now is the time to give the truth its day" ~ Oliver
Arrow S & S # 22:"I just love when people come back from the dead. It juices my zombie fetish." - Sin, Time of Death
Arrow S & S # 21: "You think no one can get to you? But I can..." - The Clock King
Arrow S & S # 20: "All the balls we're putting in the air, will eventually come together." Stephen Amell (FB)
Arrow S & S #19: "Felicity has never had a nemesis on the show before. And now, William Tockman is now it." - Marc Guggenheim (2x14 - Time of Death)
Arrow S & S #18 "How did you two meet?" Quentin Lance; "VIGILANTE CLUB." Sara Lance
Arrow S & S #17 "Not to tell you how to do your vigilante-ing, but the grease paint thing is a poor identity concealer" ~~ Barry Allen
Arrow S&S #16 "What's the matter? They don't teach you about right crosses in assassin school? ~ Lance
Arrow S&S #15 Revenge has a New Target Battle Comes Home
Arrow S&S #14 "Does this group have a name, like "Team Arrow" or something?" ~ Roy

Last edited by iluvtorun; 05-15-2014 at 10:02 AM
Old 05-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks!

I'm excited to hear what EBR says.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
Cat when was the other jacket thing I'm drawing a blank. I know SA is pro Olicity but I just can't deal with any of them today. Oliver and SA by default is in my ****ty person corner. Maybe after a month I'll let him out.

Katie we will have to agree to disagree. I don't see a moment when she could have objected. He brought her to the mansion, away from the city, flattened her with an ILY, left, and took the only vehicle with him. If he had asked her I have no doubt she would have done it, but he didn't. He knew best in his opinion.

Side note can someone let Isabel finish a freakin sentence. Last week I hate Felicity ever since ..., hit by a car and this weeks I won because .... and killed by Nyssa. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for her. No monologue for you Isabel.
Sara and Felicity and the Jacket in Time of Death. That was another "which girl gets the BC jacket?" incident.

Guys, did the previouslies last night include the Slade "I'm sorry for not telling you how I really feel" scene with Shado? It did didn't it?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Mmkay,
I don't usually post tumblr things here but this one made me

An Indepth Look At Last Night's Olicity Scene - For your Enlightenment

I saw Oliver saying ILU and I saw it being to slade. But this poster is right. He WHISPERS the words. Not for anyone.

And it makes me want to rip my heart out for reals, because they are the genuine words and that is the minute she stops believing because he is sliding the cure into her hands.

I am so dead right now.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

AV Clubs review. Really really worth reading the whole thing.

Arrow: “Unthinkable” · TV Club · The A.V. Club

Quote:
The scene in which Oliver takes Felicity to the Queen Mansion is such a huge moment because it represents Oliver, a man forever coy about his various romantic entanglements, actually making clear, declarative statements. It’s impressive enough when he says that Slade took the wrong woman, but it’s downright astounding to hear Oliver just straight up say that he loves Felicity. This goes beyond relatively prosaic questions about which love interest individual audience members might prefer; the scene gains its power not because it’s wish fulfillment for a certain subsection of fans but because it shows Oliver allowing himself to be completely vulnerable. Stephen Amell plays the moment beautifully, conveying a slightly tentativeness that suggests Oliver has finally removed all of his emotional armor—something he has arguably never done before, definitely not with Laurel and probably not with Sara either—and is showing his true self at last. Emily Bett Rickards is equally great as Felicity, her tiny reaction as Oliver leaves indicating that, for once, her character is at a loss for words.

Quote:
the issue isn’t about whether those two crazy crime-fighting kids should be together; it’s about the show deciding to undo one the boldest storytelling decisions of its season finale, even if that reversal allows the show to make some narrative moves that are nearly as daring.
ETA Cat: I completely blocked out the Sara-Felicity jacket scene. As I did with that entire episode. Good catch.

Oops Sorry Run I forgot to thank you for the new thread!

Last edited by Eclecticphilly; 05-15-2014 at 09:29 AM
Old 05-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
E it's not that I want Oliver to be protective of Felicity. Although that would have been nice. A moment of oh hell I really hope this works out or I just got someone I care about killed. I love her as his partner and someone he trusts. But you have to show that by cluing her in. It has to be her choice. I would have even been okay with him telling her I'm going to convince Slade to come after you and you inject him with the cure. Is that okay? Then if the writers wanted to have the ILY be his way of doing that and she gets caught up in the moment and believes fine. But you don't use a person you care about as bait without their consent.
For this I will use a track of reasoning that has been used in this thread to justify a particular "cheating" situation. He didn't give her a choice because he loves her and is in denial.

In all seriousness though there was no denying of choice here. He just wanted a genuine reaction from Felicity to convince Slade. That's why she wasn't in the loop. Nothing more. This is formulaic TV.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Loyal Fan

SA Confirmed in Flash Pilot

Quote:
“In the Flash pilot, Barry comes to me,” Stephen Amell told TVGuide.com’s Natalie Abrams. “[It's a] little snippet in the Flash pilot where he and I share a scene together, it’s in his pilot, but [filming] it felt like our show because he’s coming to Starling City
Old 05-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Passionate Fan

In terms of delivering a story that worked, I can see why Oliver didn't clue Felicity in. We'd probably have all checked out right then instead of at 30 minutes if we knew she knew they knew we knew it was a plan.

I can totally see Oliver making Slade out think him with being honest and giving him the girl he thought he already had. It was perfect, but I think the writers dropped the ball by not giving us something to analyze about Oliver's move. It felt real and sincere and like more than he meant to say, but something in the narrative should have done something to work with that. I believe that's what the last scene with them was going for, but it didn't work well.

Also, Oliver didn't seem the least bit concerned about Laurel. But then Sara tells Laurel Oliver needs her? I didn't get it unless the she meant as the BC asnd that's what the jacket pass was about. Again, I think I got it, but so many things in this ep weren't excuted well at all.

And now hiatus. It's gon be a long one.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Loyal Fan

According to Stephens Twitter, John Barrowman is a series regular next season.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:37 AM
New Fan

ilovetorun thank you so much for bringing that tumblr piece over! I didn't notice any of that and it's so incredibly insightful. I would hope the writers wouldn't be so stupid as to spend the whole season building towards this to just dismiss it in the next. I know someone is going to point out several other stupid things they have done but I'm staying optimistic!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
In terms of delivering a story that worked, I can see why Oliver didn't clue Felicity in. We'd probably have all checked out right then instead of at 30 minutes if we knew she knew they knew we knew it was a plan.

I can totally see Oliver making Slade out think him with being honest and giving him the girl he thought he already had. It was perfect, but I think the writers dropped the ball by not giving us something to analyze about Oliver's move. It felt real and sincere and like more than he meant to say, but something in the narrative should have done something to work with that. I believe that's what the last scene with them was going for, but it didn't work well.

Also, Oliver didn't seem the least bit concerned about Laurel. But then Sara tells Laurel Oliver needs her? I didn't get it unless the she meant as the BC asnd that's what the jacket pass was about. Again, I think I got it, but so many things in this ep weren't excuted well at all.

And now hiatus. It's gon be a long one.
I try not to speak about Laurel in the thread because I'm not really able to judge her with any kind of detachment but oof this episode for her. She spent 1/3 of the time tranqed on the floor another 1/3 going for romantic hand holding walks with Slade's minion. and 1/3 screaming Daddy an putting on a jacket. They have to give her something to do. This is painful. And she can do anything she wants as long as she's not near Oliver and Team Arrow.

I will give the show credit for being very careful to make Laurel's kidnapping about what Slade believed in the past and not anything happening in the present. Slade even tells Oliver who he is going to go after as the Amazo goes down. Laurel, your sister and your mother. Perhaps Oliver should have remembered that and this whole thing could have been avoided.

Run: that tumblr article is beautiful and I would so love to get behind that but my trust in the writers is gone. SA might have been trying to sell that but I have no confidence that the show runners were.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

My bad… I posted this in the old thread…

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInThisLand (View Post)
This forum has made me so sad today. I think the ILY was genuine. I think Oliver does love Felicity. Are they IN love yet? No, but I would find it hard to believe he could have sold that so well to Slade if those feeling weren't in there somewhere. I also thought Slade goading Oliver about not going for "weak women" was another way to confirm that those feeling are certainly starting to bubble more in the romantic direction (if they're not there already) because (and maybe it's just how I see it) Oliver basically tells him: I didn't because she's not weak with "And you don't even see the danger you're in right now" (sorry I'm sure that's not the exact quote). This also stuck out to me because of Laurel telling Sarah earlier in the season how she wasn't anything like her: so alive, beautiful and strong but I am willing to admit I don't remember the exact words. If he hadn't closed the door with Laurel already this season and done anything but just beam at Felicity during their "moment" then I would have taken it all as I see a lot of you have.
I watched with a large group of ppl, mostly guys, that all saw his "we sold it" as him chickening out. Something they all readily admitted to doing themselves in real life. The writers see what they have with this pair and are going to stretch it as far as they can. Smart move if you ask me cause had they gone any further at the end we as an audience would miss out on the beginning of their romance (thank you to whomever already pointed this out) and no one that ships Olicity (so everyone on the cast except for Katie and all the writers are included here) wants to miss that. Hopefully I'm not wrong but the majority of their development this year has been endgame slow burn 101. Why rush such a wonderful thing?!
More or less what I posted in the thread last night. I understand frustration, but we are getting what we wanted. Maybe not exactly how we wanted it, but we don't actually write the show. That's what fan fiction is for

They are happening. Imagine someone telling us last finale that we would be in such a state of tizzy over Oliver telling Felicity he loves her. These are high class problems for a shipper. Oliver may have been a tad hasty, but he meant what he said. The honesty in his performance gave it away. I can't be mad at the dude for chickening out and not owning up to it in their last scene. It's going to be a long wait, but I'm here for it.
And I wondered if I could come home"
icon:blonsl|♥Alyssa
Old 05-15-2014, 10:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueegyBeckinheim (View Post)

More or less what I posted in the thread last night. I understand frustration, but we are getting what we wanted. Maybe not exactly how we wanted it, but we don't actually write the show. That's what fan fiction is for

They are happening. Imagine someone telling us last finale that we would be in such a state of tizzy over Oliver telling Felicity he loves her. These are high class problems for a shipper. Oliver may have been a tad hasty, but he meant what he said. The honesty in his performance gave it away. I can't be mad at the dude for chickening out and not owning up to it in their last scene. It's going to be a long wait, but I'm here for it.

I feel you and I are on similar pages, so glad to not be alone! I'm willing to wait for EVERY little moment because it's not often you find such palpable chemistry and I believe the writers know that and don't want to squander it. I don't want to offend anyone because I actually love Katie from when she was on Supernatural but her and Stephen have ZERO chemistry to me. I loved her and Collin they had it and all signs point that TPTB saw this too so they changed course.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Old 05-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Extreme Fan

It'd make all the difference in the world, no matter their endgame, if they gave Laurel another relationship and this time tested for chemistry with her and cast purely upon the results of that.

Give me a reason to care about her love life.

Photos from the upfronts.

Emily sideboob

Never say I didn't give y'all anything.

Last edited by thecatbastet; 05-15-2014 at 10:12 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread