Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Arrow Spoilers and Speculation #49 - "She's the heart of the show" - Manu Bennett, Dallas Con, Re Felicity Smoak

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his ex-girlfriend and first love Laurel, and best friend Tommy, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the attack on the Glades by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his personal driver (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his executive assistant (computer expert) Oliver, the Arrow is cleaning up the city in the wake of the destruction of the Glades. Roy Harper, the boy who hero worships the Arrow is also working for him behind the scenes. As well as, Officer Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow). Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...
The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.
Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

CW Fall Lineup

3.01--> TBA
Airdate-->TBA
Description-->

Season 3 Filming to begin July 9th, with prep beginning in mid june.

General Spoilers-->
Stephen Amell Confirmed in Flash Pilot

John Borrowman promoted to Series Regular for S3
Set Photos/Candids and Videos -->
SHOOT: ARROW Films Stakeout Off Main Street in East Vancouver – Updated | yvrshoots
SHOOT: ARROW’s Willa Holland & Bex Taylor-Klaus in Yaletown’s Mary & Lorne Brown Park | yvrshoots
SHOOT: ARROW’s (Katie Cassidy & Stephen Amell) in Yaletown’s Mary & Lorne Brown Park | yvrshoots
Arrow - Season 2 - Set Report and Photos - 20th August 2013 | Spoilers
Arrow films scenes for episode 205 Minor & Notable Spoilers involving the Lance Family. - CANADAGRAPHS
SHOOT: Dylan Bruce (Hot Paul), Katie Cassidy & David Ramsey Film ARROW at the Vancouver Art Gallery | yvrshoots
[/RIGHT]
Twitter-->
Cast-->
Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy/Laurel "Dinah" Lance
Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak
Colton Haynes/Roy Harper
Willa Holland/ Thea Queen
Caity Lotz/Sara Lance
Manu Benett/Slade Wilson
Colin Salmon/Walter Steele
Crew-->
Greg Berlanti/Executive Producer[/FONT][/I]
Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Past Threads

Arrow Spoilers and Speculation #47 - "You made me a hero, Slade." - Oliver, 2x23
Arrow S & S #46: "We know you love her so we saved her for last." CW Arrow
Arrow S & S #45: It's happening it's happening, everybody stay calm STAY CALM
Arrow S & S #44: "You're done when I say you're done" - Slade
Arrow S & S #43: "Felicity is a B.A.M.F!!" by Just Jarred
Arrow S & S #42: "You must feel very powerful, knowing everything about everyone." Felicity to Waller 2x21
Arrow S & S #41: "The essence of heroism is to die so that others can live," - Peter to Ollie
Arrow S & S #40: "It started with the three of us. It's time we got back to that." - Oliver Queen
Arrow Spoilers and Speculation #39: "I know, Oliver . . . I could not be more proud" - Moira Queen, 2x20
Arrow S&S #38
Arrow S&S #37: This show is so unintentionally funny sometimes
Arrow S & S #36: "Welcome home." - Slade
Arrow S & S #35: "How do you kill the ultimate weapon?" - Trailer
Arrow S & S #34: "Felicity whumpers rule Fanforum." by Vaberella
Arrow S & S #33: “How is Miss Rochev these days? Still angry that Dorothy dropped a house on her sister?” by Moira Queen
Arrow S & S #32: "Get Slade or get slayed" by Vikram Phalange
Arrow S & S #31: "Team Arrow suffers a devastating loss." -Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #30: "Remember, Sara was in the League of Assassins, not the League of Heroes."- AK
Arrow S & S #29: "This has to end." - Oliver in BoP
Arrow S & S #28: "Diggle, Deadshot, H.I.V.E., Andy Diggle is not over." David Ramsey
Arrow S & S #27: "Where they are right now is not where they will end up by the end of the year," Marc Guggenheim on Sara x Oliver
Arrow S & S #26: "Dude's ego is writing checks his talent can't cash!" - DarkStar on Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #25: "See you round kid" - Slade Wilson *drives off like a boss*
Arrow S&S #24 "Well, I do think we have been butt dialed." ~ Felicity
Arrow S&S #23 "Mom, secrets are what put you here. secrets and lies. Now is the time to give the truth its day" ~ Oliver
Arrow S & S # 22:"I just love when people come back from the dead. It juices my zombie fetish." - Sin, Time of Death
Arrow S & S # 21: "You think no one can get to you? But I can..." - The Clock King
Arrow S & S # 20: "All the balls we're putting in the air, will eventually come together." Stephen Amell (FB)
Arrow S & S #19: "Felicity has never had a nemesis on the show before. And now, William Tockman is now it." - Marc Guggenheim (2x14 - Time of Death)
Arrow S & S #18 "How did you two meet?" Quentin Lance; "VIGILANTE CLUB." Sara Lance
Arrow S & S #17 "Not to tell you how to do your vigilante-ing, but the grease paint thing is a poor identity concealer" ~~ Barry Allen
Arrow S&S #16 "What's the matter? They don't teach you about right crosses in assassin school? ~ Lance
Arrow S&S #15 Revenge has a New Target Battle Comes Home
Arrow S&S #14 "Does this group have a name, like "Team Arrow" or something?" ~ Roy
Old 05-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Carryover of spoilers--if you have something to add to this list, pm me

Carrying over old links that can be gleaned for info if you are bored:
Arrow Producer Teases Huge Finale moment, Changes in Season 3 - TV Line
Quote:
We really wanted this finale to really feel like the completion of season 2 but also the launching pad for season 3. We didn’t want it to feel like ‘I’ve been watching this show all year and I’m not going to get any answers until next year.’ Just as viewers, I tend to find those are the most annoying season finales. There’s definitely a sense of closure to season 2 and everyone in the show takes a giant step forward in their journeys as characters, whether that’s emotionally or towards a comic book destiny or away from a comic book destiny, so that I think you’re left with a great sense of where season 3 is heading. (AK)

TVF: You said a few weeks ago that Season 3 would look different and how those changes were a big part of changes we saw in Buffy The Vampire Slayer and series like that. Will we see shades of what Season 3 will look like in this finale?

AK: I think that there is a scene in the finale that is going to shake the show to its core at least in terms of what we’ve been doing up until now. I think you’re going to get a real glimpse of just how different season 3 is going to be while at the same still being Arrow and still continuing the storylines that people have come to appreciate up until now.
Collider- S3 Details
Quote:
"During this recent exclusive interview with Collider, executive producer Marc Guggenheim talked about wanting to surpass the bar they set with the Season 1 finale, collectively deciding that this is the last time that they can destroy the city, that the Season 2 finale will have a moment that definitely answers where Laurel (Katie Cassidy) will fit in next season, and whether they ever considered the possibility of Slade Wilson finding redemption. He also talked about how the consequences of the finale will be felt in the third season premiere, that they already have a full plan for Season 3, along with the themes and character journeys, they know what their Season 3 finale will be, what they feel worked best in Season 2 and what they’ll improve on in Season 3, his hope for cross-overs between Arrow and The Flash, and that there are pros and cons of not working in a shared DC Universe, between the films and TV shows. Check out what he had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.
Read more at Marc Guggenheim Talks ARROW Season 2 Finale and ARROW Season 3
Quote:
How far ahead have you thought about Season 3, at this point? Do you already have an overall theme for the season?
GUGGENHEIM: We’ve actually been back at work for almost about a month now. By this point, we actually have a full plan for the season, and we do know what the themes are and what the character journeys are. We also know how the season will end. We actually have a very clear plan. I dare say that we have a clearer plan for Season 3 than we did going into Season 2, and I thought our plan for Season 2 was pretty clear.

Quote:
Do you feel like you’ve planted the seeds now, for Laurel to take on a more active role in Season 3, as far as the action and Team Arrow go?
GUGGENHEIM: I will say that the finale contains a moment that very definitively answers that question.

Quote:
We’ve enjoyed crafting the story that we’re crafting. We’ve enjoyed laying the foundation for The Flash series. In Season 3, I hope that we’ll get a chance to enjoy crossing the two shows over, every now and again. Because of working on the show, I’m very intimately familiar with the pros and cons of both working in a shared universe and not working in a shared universe. Beyond that, because it’s not my decision to make, I don’t actually have a strong opinion on it. What good would my opinion be, if I didn’t have any say in the results of it? So, our whole approach has always been, “This is the current state of affairs. If that changes, great, we’ll change, accordingly. But in the meantime, we’ll keep doing what we’re doing.” We’re actually very grateful for the collaboration that we have with DC. They’ve been incredibly supportive of the show, and they’ve been very giving, with respect to giving us access to various different characters and corners of the DC Universe. I don’t expect that to change, quite frankly. It’s been working out really well, for all concerned.
Just Jared - Season Finale Interview with AK
Regarding Felicity's backstory (thanks Find something real)
Quote:
JJJ: Any chance we’ll get more of her backstory next season?

AK: Yes. We’ve always talked about getting to meet Felicity’s family. It was something we discussed and we tried to do at the end of this season. But we just felt that we couldn’t ever find the right place for it. Once Slade came into the picture, it was very hard for us to have – what we would call – a sort of “lighter” B-Story. Because at any given moment, any one of them could have been killed. So from episode 15 on, you probably noticed that there weren’t too many side stories that were lighthearted. But hopefully, in the beginning of season three when things are quite so turbo-charged emotionally, danger-wise, we can do something like that. Because we’re all champions of it.

‘Arrow’ EP Andrew Kreisberg Previews Tonight’s ‘Game-Changing’ Season Finale! (JJJ Interview) | Andrew Kreisberg, Arrow, Exclusive | Just Jared Jr.
TV Addict - Marc Guggenheim Previews Finale
Quote:
Guggenheim: That said, there are a few cliffhangers. There is one genuine cliffhanger and then there is a variety of other moments that hopefully will make you want to come back for Season 3.
IGN - AK on Suprise Outcome of S2 Finale
Quote:
IGN: Here's another Saturday morning cartoon term I'm going to throw at you, but from one of the promos we saw Roy wearing what appears to be a mask for the first time. If that is indeed what we are seeing, would you say that you've now fully embraced the idea of superheroes on your show. Have you earned that with the high stakes that you've set?

Kreisberg: Again, we don't like to say the word "superhero." I definitely think Roy has taken another large step towards his ultimate destiny. I think for fans of Roy Harper and fans of Arsenal, he's really -- and we've always said that if you're going to become your comic book counterpart, you have to go to the island. We don't necessarily mean literally the island, but you have to go through what Oliver did for anyone to believe that you are capable of putting on a mask or taking up arms and fighting for the city. So Roy, with everything he went through with the Mirakuru this season, has definitely gone to his version of the island and has come out the other side ready to embrace his destiny.
(So Roy is one going closer to his comic book destiny perhaps.)
Quote:
IGN: Obviously we want to avoid spoilers for the finale, but I want to look ahead to Season 3 of Arrow. In broad strokes, could you say what would be the theme of Season 3?

Kreisberg: One of the things we're talking about now is that every one of the characters is really asking themselves, "Who am I?" From Oliver to Laurel, everyone is faced with a decision about what their destiny is going to be. Each and every one of them over the course of next season will be making that journey. For some people it's a dark journey. For other people it's a lighter journey. For some people it's becoming their comic book characters. In other cases, it's actually definitively not. We talk a lot about identity being the theme of the season, and everyone's asking themselves, "Who am I?" That's that.
Collider - Post 2x20 interview with AK
On Roy:
Quote:
How significant will it be that he’s now crossed a line and taken a life?
KREISBERG: That is something that’s going to play out in Season 3
Quote:
Is there a character name for the girl who was pregnant with Oliver’s child?
KREISBERG: No.
What can you say about when and how that will come back into play?
KREISBERG: The seeds for Season 2 were planted in Season 1. The best part of the success the show has had is knowing that we were going to make more, and knowing that we could drop these things in and pay them off later. This is something that will be paid off in Season 3.
Mega Buzz - TVGuide 5/20/14
Quote:
"One of the themes of Season 3 is rebuilding," executive producer Marc Guggnehim tells me. "Getting Queen Consolidated back is a piece of it.
Upfront Interviews:
MTV - videos of SA, EBR, KC, JB, PB
Thanks VP!

IGN: Stephen Amell

IGN: EBR

Thanks Eragon!

E News Online - SA and CH
Quote:
Aside from the major finale feelings between Olicity, another game-changer that went down in the finale was a cured Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) finally getting to put on a mask and do some serious fighting. Huzzah! And yes, fans can expect to see Roy get his very own superhero suit next season. Double huzzah!
"Basically, we have had a few fittings for a full suit and there will probably be some hints of that coming soon," Haynes hinted, before coyly teasing,
"If I had tried the suit on, hypothetically if I had, it probably has red leather and is probably kind of tight." (God bless the CW, right?!)
(thanks EP!)
**IF you have a link you would like to add to this list that contains specific information related to S3, please PM me and I will add. We will start carrying this list over, but keep it separate from the front page list for now because there will probably be a lot

Last edited by iluvtorun; 05-21-2014 at 11:23 AM
Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Two things I'm hoping are dealt with next season are how Malcolm is still around, being that there was a gravestone, implying there had been a body.

Also, I'd like Slade's children to be touched upon. I mean, Oliver's baby and Diggle's baby may both come into play. Why not Slade's spawn?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

tyftnt!

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 05-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkel567 (View Post)
Two things I'm hoping are dealt with next season are how Malcolm is still around, being that there was a gravestone, implying there had been a body.

Also, I'd like Slade's children to be touched upon. I mean, Oliver's baby and Diggle's baby may both come into play. Why not Slade's spawn?
And why one ep was Oliver referring to Joe, and the very next Slade told Moira he has no children?

Tftnt
Old 05-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
And why one ep was Oliver referring to Joe, and the very next Slade told Moira he has no children?

Tftnt
I just assumed it was either easier or joe died.

The more time i think about how the season went down the more annoyed i am with slades entire plan. I hope they bring him back later. I hope they fill in the blanks on joe.

And i wanna know if tpdb put felicity in a rose jacket on purpose lollll

Np on the new thread
Old 05-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Total Fan

tftnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
I just assumed it was either easier or joe died.

The more time i think about how the season went down the more annoyed i am with slades entire plan. I hope they bring him back later. I hope they fill in the blanks on joe.
I just assumed Slade didn't want to talk about it. But yeah, his arc was so sloppy.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Extreme Fan

It's just that to bring up something for no real reason and then undercut it immediately is generally a setup. They flagged it for our attention, set up the question, and then...crickets. Like maybe there was a more intricate story that got changed.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

TYFTNT!!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
tftnt

I just assumed Slade didn't want to talk about it. But yeah, his arc was so sloppy.
which he talked about at Dallas Con last weekend...the plot holes...

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 05-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Mega Buzz: Orange's Big Fight, Diaries' Finale Fallout, and an SVU Exit - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Theme for next season is "rebuilding" and "getting QC back will be part of that"

Wonder if rebuilding O/F's friendship after the ily is a plot. Diggle and Argus to, maybe?

TYFTNT!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
Mega Buzz: Orange's Big Fight, Diaries' Finale Fallout, and an SVU Exit - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Theme for next season is "rebuilding" and "getting QC back will be part of that"

Wonder if rebuilding O/F's friendship after the ily is a plot. Diggle and Argus to, maybe?

TYFTNT!
Thanks for sharing EP!

I'm hoping Felicity opens her own tech firm.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT and carrying over those spoilers!!

So the theme of season 3 is "re-building." I think it's good theme for a season that's supposedly going to be more intimate. Looking forward to seeing the re-building of relationships.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt:d
Closed Thread   Post New Thread