Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2014, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Arrow Spoilers and Speculation Thread #38

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his ex-girlfriend and first love Laurel, and best friend Tommy, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the attack on the Glades by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his personal driver (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his executive assistant (computer expert) Oliver, the Arrow is cleaning up the city in the wake of the destruction of the Glades. Roy Harper, the boy who hero worships the Arrow is also working for him behind the scenes. As well as, Officer Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow). Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...
The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.
Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

2.20--> Seeing Red
Airdate--> April 23, 2014
Description-->The CW’s Official Description: ROY SPINS OUT OF CONTROL — The mirakuru sends Roy (Colton Haynes) into an uncontrollable rage and he unleashes on the city. After Roy’s deadly fight with a police officer, Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes the mirakuru has taken over Roy completely and must figure out a way to stop him. Things get more complicated after Sara (Caity Lotz) declares that Roy is too far gone and the only way to stop him is to kill him. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) believes she can breakthrough to Roy so she goes on camera at Moira’s (Susanna Thompson) campaign rally to lure him to Verdant. Her ploy works but after Roy attacks Thea, Team Arrow unleashes on him. Doug Aarniokoski directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#220).
Spoilers-->
2.21--> City of Blood
Airdate-->April 30, 2014
Description-->The CW’s Official Description: OLIVER CONSIDERS HIS OPTIONS AGAINST SLADE — After Slade (Manu Bennett) threatens to take everything Oliver (Stephen Amell) loves away, Oliver decides the fastest way to stop further bloodshed is to surrender to his enemy. Knowing that surrender will surely lead to Oliver’s death, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) go to extreme measures to keep Oliver from confronting Slade. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) considers leaving town, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) resumes her crusade against Sebastian Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). Finally, Slade unleashes his assault on Starling City. Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Holly Harold (#221).
Spoilers-->
2.22--> Streets of Fire
Airdate-->May 7, 2014
Description-->
Spoilers-->
2.23--> Unthinkable
Airdate-->May 14, 2014
Description-->
Spoilers-->
the finale has been announced as 5/14. Source

General Spoilers-->
‘Arrow’ Season 2 teases: Stephen Amell and Andrew Kreisberg hint at Oliver Queen’s future with Roy Harper, Diggle, and more - Zap2it
'Arrow' Finale: Season 2 Plans, Oliver's Evolution And How The Shocking Death Will Change Everything
10 Secrets Of "Arrow" Season Two From The Cast
‘Arrow’ Season 2 spoilers: China White and more will return - Zap2it
I am beyond geeking out over the Arrow/The Flash crossover/spin-off news. Anything more to report? –Charlotte
I’ve got fresh intel on exactly what brings Central City PD CSI Barry Allen to Oliver’s orbit.
The would-be speedster travels (not by foot, I assume) to Starling City while investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother’s years-ago murder —
a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned. (Source)[/URL]
SO excited about Flash coming to Arrow!!! PLEASE tell me more. — Reilly
EP Andrew Kreisberg is probably as pumped as we are, Reilly — not only because he’s getting a chance to bring to life a great character, but also because of what Barry Allen’s arrival means for all the residents of Starling City. “He’s a great character who’s going to affect all of our characters’ lives,” he teases. Most notably, look for Barry and Oliver to have a certain amount of “friction” in their relationship. (Source)[/URL]
Question: Just wanted know about anything on Arrow season 2. —Dana
Ausiello: If you ever wondered how Oliver’s island existence, seen in flashback, could have been any worse, here’s a short answer for you:
pirates. (Or is it pilates? My source’s note was smudged. But I’m going with pirates.) (Source)[/URL]
'Arrow' scoop: Will Oliver and Felicity get together in season 2? | Inside TV | EW.com
Question: Do you have any news on Arrow? —Calum
Ausiello: Quite interestingly, the title for this season’s fifth episode, “The Demon’s Head,” is the translation of Ra’s al Ghul — as in Batman’s infamous mentor-turned-adversary.
Thus, it kinda sorta makes sense that the hour will introduce the apprentice of a most menacing man — Awwal, a scimitar-wielding protege of Dark Archer Malcolm Merlyn. (Source)[/URL]
Do you have any scoop on the Suicide Squad on Arrow? —Sam
NATALIE: Executive producer Marc Guggenheim teases that the first five episodes of Season 2 make the case that there are both heroes and villains coming into Starling City as a direct result of what The Arrow did in Season 1.
Among the villains are the previously announced Bronze Tiger, who will team up with Deadshot, the leader of the Suicide Squad in the world of Arrow —
and there could be others down the line. But never fear, help is on the way: "We'll be seeing more of A.R.G.U.S. this season," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg adds. (Source)[/URL]
[PHOTO] ‘Arrow’ Season 2 Poster — Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Slade, Laurel - TVLine
Could we please have some scoop on Arrow‘s Felicity? Of the kick-ass variety, please? –Tammy
Here it is, specially requested for you, from EP Andrew Kriesberg: “Felicity will find herself in a situation in which a parachute would certainly have come in handy!” Gulp. Source[/URL]
'Arrow' Star Talks Diggle's Journey & Future | ETonline.com
Can you share anything on Arrow? — Martin
NATALIE: If Oliver's journey is about becoming a hero, Moira's is about seeking redemption. Unfortunately, her trial will be trouble for Oliver. "This season Laurel is going to be joining the District Attorney's office, so she might have dealings with [the trial]," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells me. "Part of it is that she's trying to stay out of it as much as she can, but as always with these things, bad stuff happens." (Source)[/URL]
Liam: I'm excited that Arrow is introducing the Flash this season, but I still want to see Roy or Thea become Speedy. Any chance either of them will team up with Ollie in season two?
Our money's on Roy being the one to suit up after chatting with the not-at-all handsome Colton Haynes. "This second season is almost like Roy's island," Haynes previews of Roy's journey to potential superhero-dom, adding that "a lot of characters from his past" will be showing up. Alas, Haynes advises fans not to hold their breath to see him in tights anytime soon. "It's going to take some time." (Source)[/URL]
'Arrow': Oliver's new dynamic with Laurel (and with Dig and Felicity) | Inside TV | EW.com
‘Arrow’ Season 2 Spoilers — The Flash, Oliver/Felicity - TVLine
Arrow Set Visit: Andrew Kreisberg and the Cast Teases Season 2
Willa Holland On Arrow Season 2: Has Thea Queen Pulled Herself Together? | Access Hollywood
Emily Bett Rickards On Arrow Season 2: Will Felicity Find Love? | Access Hollywood
The Felicity Smoak Problem
Stephen Amell Dishes On Oliver's Return To The Island In Arrow Season 2 | Access Hollywood
Stephen Amell On Arrow Season 2: How Will The Arrival Of Black Canary Affect Oliver Queen? | Access Hollywood
Arrow Bosses Tease New Villains, Black Canary and More Season 2 Scoop - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Do you have any scoop on Arrow's version of Amanda Waller? — Sam
NATALIE: This will be the proto-version of Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson), who is not yet the head of A.R.G.U.S. "One of the things we'll be exploring is: What is this organization? What do they know? Who are they working with?" executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. "We've got a couple of surprises up our sleeves about that. We just started talking about something that actually won't come into play until Season 3, but is a pretty exciting way to use Amanda." However, there will be a nod to the Waller fans know and love. "Once she gets promoted, she's going to start stress-eating," Guggenheim jokes. (Source)[/URL]

Twitter-->
Cast-->
Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy/Laurel "Dinah" Lance
Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak
Colton Haynes/Roy Harper
Willa Holland/ Thea Queen
Caity Lotz/Sara Lance
Manu Benett/Slade Wilson
Colin Salmon/Walter Steele
Crew-->
Greg Berlanti/Executive Producer
Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads

Arrow S & S #36: "Welcome home." - Slade
Arrow S & S #35: "How do you kill the ultimate weapon?" - Trailer
Arrow S & S #34: "Felicity whumpers rule Fanforum." by Vaberella
Arrow S & S #33: “How is Miss Rochev these days? Still angry that Dorothy dropped a house on her sister?” by Moira Queen
Arrow S & S #32: "Get Slade or get slayed" by Vikram Phalange
Arrow S & S #31: "Team Arrow suffers a devastating loss." -Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #30: "Remember, Sara was in the League of Assassins, not the League of Heroes."- AK
Arrow S & S #29: "This has to end." - Oliver in BoP
Arrow S & S #28: "Diggle, Deadshot, H.I.V.E., Andy Diggle is not over." David Ramsey
Arrow S & S #27: "Where they are right now is not where they will end up by the end of the year," Marc Guggenheim on Sara x Oliver
Arrow S & S #26: "Dude's ego is writing checks his talent can't cash!" - DarkStar on Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #25: "See you round kid" - Slade Wilson *drives off like a boss*
Arrow S&S #24 "Well, I do think we have been butt dialed." ~ Felicity
Arrow S&S #23 "Mom, secrets are what put you here. secrets and lies. Now is the time to give the truth its day" ~ Oliver
Arrow S & S # 22:"I just love when people come back from the dead. It juices my zombie fetish." - Sin, Time of Death
Arrow S & S # 21: "You think no one can get to you? But I can..." - The Clock King
Arrow S & S # 20: "All the balls we're putting in the air, will eventually come together." Stephen Amell (FB)
Arrow S & S #19: "Felicity has never had a nemesis on the show before. And now, William Tockman is now it." - Marc Guggenheim (2x14 - Time of Death)
Arrow S & S #18 "How did you two meet?" Quentin Lance; "VIGILANTE CLUB." Sara Lance
Arrow S & S #17 "Not to tell you how to do your vigilante-ing, but the grease paint thing is a poor identity concealer" ~~ Barry Allen
Arrow S&S #16 "What's the matter? They don't teach you about right crosses in assassin school? ~ Lance
Arrow S&S #15 Revenge has a New Target Battle Comes Home
Arrow S&S #14 "Does this group have a name, like "Team Arrow" or something?" ~ Roy

Arrow Live Stream Chat on Chatango
APRIL 23, 2014 8pm Eastern

Special Thanks to find something real or saying it and SqueegyBeckinheim for suggesting it!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

This thread is re-opened. However, I will not hesitate to shut it down again if the behavior for the past month and half continues. I want EVERYONE to have fun but please remember the primary focus of this thread is spoilers and speculation. It isn’t about what this character, fanbase, or actor thinks and/or feels so let’s leave those discussion off this thread. Thanks!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Total Fan

Thanks

Quote:
OLIVER MUST DECIDE ONCE AND FOR ALL IF HE’S A KILLER OR A HERO — Slade (Manu Bennett) moves forward with his plan to kill one more person in Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) life. While Oliver has fought all year to be more than the killer he once was, when Slade kidnaps someone close to Oliver’s heart, Oliver is pushed to the edge and realizes sometimes it takes doing the unthinkable to stop the monster. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) takes on Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) with a little help from some friends, and Thea (Willa Holland) turns to Roy (Colton Haynes) in her time of need. John Behringdirected the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg (#223).
Quote:
“As for Slade’s endgame, Kreisberg says, “His specific target will come as a big surprise to everyone. You’ll have to see how it plays out.”
So who do you guys think his endgame target is? At first i thought olivers kid but a) i don't think they'd go that low and make slade kill a child and b) i think they'll leave that story line for season 3. I'd say Felicity since the lance sisters wouldn't be surprising to the audience, but who knows.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Boy have I missed this thread. Especially after the episode we just had.

He's either going after Felicity or Laurel
1) Felicity because he's literally had no interactions with her and she is very much the heart of the team
2) Laurel he did have some dealings with her, so it makes me think it's her less. But he is aware of her and has dropped the Arrow bomb on her. So..
Old 04-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

TftNT Woohoo we're back.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
Thanks

So who do you guys think his endgame target is? At first i thought olivers kid but a) i don't think they'd go that low and make slade kill a child and b) i think they'll leave that story line for season 3. I'd say Felicity since the lance sisters wouldn't be surprising to the audience, but who knows.
I thought about the kid at first too, but after reading more closely, it says someone close to Oliver's heart. Since he thinks that girl (did we ever learn her name?) lost the baby, I don't think it would qualify for close to his heart. So now I don't know. Well, I know who I WANT it to be, but that is just my inner shipper talking.

ETA tftnt!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt!

It has to be Felicity. The surprise will be that it's surprising to average viewers. Average viewers have seen him date Sara and seen that he used to date Laurel. They've been working overtime to take Felicity off the radar wince Christmas.

And it'll be a surprise to Oliver too, since he hasn't worked through his feels yet.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:45 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
This thread is re-opened. However, I will not hesitant to shut it down again if the behavior for the past month and half continues. I want EVERYONE to have fun but please remember the primary focus of this thread is spoilers and speculation. It isn’t about what this character, fanbase, or actor thinks and/or feels so let’s leave those discussion off this thread. Thanks!
Thanks much, Meredith.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
Tftnt!

It has to be Felicity. The surprise will be that it's surprising to average viewers. Average viewers have seen him date Sara and seen that he used to date Laurel. They've been working overtime to take Felicity off the radar wince Christmas.

And it'll be a surprise to Oliver too, since he hasn't worked through his feels yet.
Yup. That and putting felicity in the background since the second half of the season (or last chunk of episodes). Not forgetting Kreisberg said Felicity plays a huge part in the finale and the losing her dad & oliver comes back into play.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Oliver having a kid

I'm not pleased personally. The writers just don't have the type of skills to pull off this kinda storyline. Look at how the fail to have women open their mouths and communicate with each other. I just, IMO, no.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

The kid is not close to Oliver's heart, since Oliver is under the impression his kid was aborted or could have been for all we know. In any event, there is no relationship with a child for it to be close to his heart.

I also agree that the baby issue is for S3 or start of S4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
3. I'd say Felicity since the lance sisters wouldn't be surprising to the audience, but who knows.
This is the only possible option because of this statement in the episode synopsis:

Quote:
when Slade kidnaps someone close to Oliver’s heart
There are only a few people left for that spot. We have Sara, Laurel, and Thea. I don't want to say Felicity. I will refrain from that because although I agree he cares about Felicity. I don't know if I would phrase Felicity as "close to his heart."

I'm just not seeing that for them. I see Diggle and Felicity in the same category. but the years, and I mean years of relationship Oliver has with the above three women and the intimate romantic relationship he had with both Laurel and Sara recently. Sorry, but Laurel was just a few months back. I just see it being one of these three women.

I know Felicity plays a major role in the finale, but she could be involved in rescuing Oliver of this special someone. She was able to do that with the Undertaking last year. She was a pivotal player. So I can see something similar for her at the end of this one.

I also want to refrain from this because of his recent break up with Sara and what ever may happen in episode 2x21 with Laurel. That reminds me...even Helena shares that romantic place as Sara and Laurel. So, it could be Helena for all we know.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Passionate Fan

And we're back, thanks!

My gut is telling me it's Felicity Slade goes after because out of everyone Oliver cares for, she's the only one he's pretty much ignored. He's approached everyone else. The only reason why 1% of me thinks it's the kid is because Felicity or Laurel would not be a big surprise. We shall see.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I'd like for it to be Felicity because I think with it they would give us more of her backstory.

Because:

Slade/Felicity interaction would be interesting. Felicity should be the very definition of an innocent person to Slade. Very much the light of the Team. I can't even imagine their dialogue but it would be juicy.

Slade does his research, he would certainly know about Felicity's life.

Watching Diggle be concerned (love how concerned he was when Roy just blew past her BroTP)

Oliver would take it to a whole new level - making it so intense, and making us be on the edge of our seat

But it could be Laurel.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Total Fan

I would think it was laurel if it wasn't for the 'it will surprise the audience' comment. Isn't Laurel the most obvious target to the general audience?
Old 04-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

IMO it's bee shown that Slade is very methodical about all this, specifically choosing the way he attacks oliver through each person. His attack on Laurel was telling her about Oliver being Arrow. I don't think he'll go back to her. The only person besides Felicity that he hasn't made a specific attack on yet is Diggle, and I don't think they'd describe Digg as 'close to his heart' lol.

Also have to wonder if Slade knows about the Count. If he knows that Oliver didn't hesitate to kill for Felicity, despite his vow, then yea I could see how he would use Felicity to manipulate Oliver.

And yea just all the hints they've given lately about Felicity being a major part of the finale, Felicity being the 'ace in the hole', Marc's comment about the Felicity/Oliver relationship going somewhere new by the end of the season...it does make sense for it to be Felicity.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread