Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2018, 11:16 AM
  #106
Fan Forum Star

 
morgonrodnad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 134,360
So the European Parliament has voted for Article 13 to go through next year.

Which will mean no more: Gif sets, Fanfics, YouTube videos,, Quotes, Memes, Gaming videos and a lot more. People will lose their jobs on YouTube, people will not longer be able to make fanarts in Photoshop to post on the internet. And this will not only affect EU countries, it will affect the whole world and I want to try to stop it from happening. Because if this happens next year, me and so many others will lose their tumblr and I won't be able to log in here anymore either. Because if someone in Europe upload and post something that is from a tvshow or movie here. The one who has to pay for it is the owner of the site. This whole thing is a mess and we can lose the free and open internet.

The sad part is no media is talking about it. So not many people know that this is happening at all.

My question is if it is okay if I put a link to a petition in my signature asking people to signed the petition? Just to spread it around little here on Fanforum?

Here is a link to the petition.

http://www.change.org/p/european-pa...e-the-internet
__________________
#SaveYourInternet
please sign the petition to keep
an open and free internet
→ Jessica | touch the fire || creative dream
morgonrodnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:56 AM
  #107
Master Fan

 
80s90sIsTheBest's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgonrodnad (View Post)
So the European Parliament has voted for Article 13 to go through next year.

Which will mean no more: Gif sets, Fanfics, YouTube videos,, Quotes, Memes, Gaming videos and a lot more. People will lose their jobs on YouTube, people will not longer be able to make fanarts in Photoshop to post on the internet. And this will not only affect EU countries, it will affect the whole world and I want to try to stop it from happening. Because if this happens next year, me and so many others will lose their tumblr and I won't be able to log in here anymore either. Because if someone in Europe upload and post something that is from a tvshow or movie here. The one who has to pay for it is the owner of the site. This whole thing is a mess and we can lose the free and open internet.

The sad part is no media is talking about it. So not many people know that this is happening at all.

My question is if it is okay if I put a link to a petition in my signature asking people to signed the petition? Just to spread it around little here on Fanforum?

Here is a link to the petition.

http://www.change.org/p/european-pa...e-the-internet
I just signed the petition! I remember doing this a few years ago as well. Man I hope this doesn't happen!
__________________

Erin
80s90sIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:12 PM
  #108
Communications Team
the voices I'm kidding

 
beyond insane's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 580,117
Signed and shared to Facebook
__________________
Sarah ©
Katee Sackhoff
best known for her roles in Battlestar Galactica and Longmire
VOTE New Forum Poll
beyond insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:48 PM
  #109
Senior Moderator Manager

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 187,890
Scary! I just signed.
__________________
Tour Guide - Fan Forum Board Celebrations and Events.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:15 PM
  #110
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 380,020
It's fine to put it in your signature. I signed the petition too.
__________________

"Do you know why I admire you Newt?
You do not seek power." - Albus Dumbledore


dw | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:38 AM
  #111
Fan Forum Star

 
morgonrodnad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 134,360
^Thanks! I will put it in now.

And thanks for signing the petition too!
__________________
#SaveYourInternet
please sign the petition to keep
an open and free internet
→ Jessica | touch the fire || creative dream
morgonrodnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:03 AM
  #112
Communications Team
the voices I'm kidding

 
beyond insane's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 580,117
Your welcome its certainly something that's huge if it were to happen - so needed to sign
__________________
Sarah ©
Katee Sackhoff
best known for her roles in Battlestar Galactica and Longmire
VOTE New Forum Poll
beyond insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:42 AM
  #113
Communications Team

 
Tina's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 86,174
^ I signed too.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:08 AM
  #114
Fan Forum Star

 
morgonrodnad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 134,360
^Thank you Tina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Your welcome its certainly something that's huge if it were to happen - so needed to sign
Yeah, I'm pretty much terrified with what can happens if this pulls through.
__________________
#SaveYourInternet
please sign the petition to keep
an open and free internet
→ Jessica | touch the fire || creative dream
morgonrodnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:54 AM
  #115
Moderator Support Team

 
wickedrum's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 175,982
they've threatened the same thing at least twice before that I know of and nothing happened
__________________
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
  #116
Master Fan

 
80s90sIsTheBest's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
they've threatened the same thing at least twice before that I know of and nothing happened
Yeah I remember something like this a few years ago as well and nothing happened.
__________________

Erin
80s90sIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:12 PM
  #117
Fan Forum Star

 
morgonrodnad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 134,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
they've threatened the same thing at least twice before that I know of and nothing happened
Yeah, but this time they actually have voted for it in EU parlament. I don't think it went that far before, there was only talk about it. That is why I'm terrified what will happen to the internet next year..
__________________
#SaveYourInternet
please sign the petition to keep
an open and free internet
→ Jessica | touch the fire || creative dream
morgonrodnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:27 PM
  #118
Master Fan

 
80s90sIsTheBest's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgonrodnad (View Post)
Yeah, but this time they actually have voted for it in EU parlament. I don't think it went that far before, there was only talk about it. That is why I'm terrified what will happen to the internet next year..
oh wow that is scary!
__________________

Erin
80s90sIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
  #119
Master Fan

 
Maiden of Might's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 22,616
Hello. I have a question about the ads appearing between posts. Is this going to be the norm from now on or is this temporary? Thanks.
__________________
Chill.
Maiden of Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM
  #120
Senior Moderator Manager

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 187,890
I don't know. I'll see what I can find out.
__________________
Tour Guide - Fan Forum Board Celebrations and Events.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
information



Forum Affiliates
Fan Forum on Instagram, Fan Forum on Twitter, Fan Forum on Tumblr, Fan Forum Fans on Facebook (group), Fan Forum Fans on Facebook (fan page), FanForumers on LiveJournal
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST