Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2018, 04:47 AM
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

interesting that they already ordered more.. guess the reactions so far were good

Queen of Babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:10 AM
Moderator Support Team
Outlaw Queen

Nice to hear!

~avi by Nikole
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Yeah, they do obviously have faith in it It's nice to see.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The reactions must've been good . There was some showing somewhere for it wasn't there?

Glad that they're showing some faith in it. Hopefully that's a good sign to say the show will be good too
you've got, you might win this round but you can't keep me down
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
shinebrighterxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Alyssa Milano on if she'll be watching the new Charmed

Charmed stars react to Shannen Doherty endorsing the show
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Communications Team
nutty pine nut

Spoiler free version related to title
beyond insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Not really news - this is actually from before the premiere, but an interesting read

Quote:
After the backlash, can the 'Charmed' reboot find magic on the CW?

“People have been sending me pictures of our billboards in every city,” says the 22-year-old Jeffery, whose credits include “Wayward Pines” and “Shades of Blue.” “It’s like, what is happening? I saw one from a distance recently and I squealed. But Times Square — are you kidding me?” “Oh my God, this is such a moment,” says costar Melonie Diaz (“Fruitvale Station”), leaning in to stretch her fingers across the phone’s screen to zoom in. It’s a welcome feel-good moment in what has otherwise been an unnerving lead-up to the launch of the show. When it was announced that the CW was putting “Charmed,” a young adult drama about sisters who discover they are witches, through television’s busy reboot machine, a spell wasn’t exactly cast.

“I’m not going to lie, it kind of bummed me out a little bit,” says Diaz, 34, who was jammed with her cast mates on a leather couch of an apartment rented for this day of filming. “You want people to be in support of what you do. But at the same time, there are people who are really, really, really excited about our show and it would be a disservice to them if we don’t lean into that. “And it’s like … there’s a lot of things happening right now and I just want to be as positive as possible and enjoy these moments of seeing our billboard in Times Square and working hard,” she adds. “So, yeah, it is what it is.”

There’s always going to be negative noise,” adds fellow cast member Madeleine Mantock, 28. “You just have to tune it out … it’s been a bit of a bonding experience for us.”

----

“What we really liked about the original ‘Charmed’ is that it was showing female relationships where women were’t tripping and fighting with each other all the time,” Rardin says. “These were, and are, three women not competing over men. That wasn't, and isn’t, where the conflict comes from.”

The pilot episode, for example, seems ripped from the headlines with the sisters fighting a predator who is a demon in supernatural form — and a serial harasser in human form. “That’s one of the reasons I wanted to do the show,” Diaz says. “This is a platform. I think we have a really great opportunity here to inspire young women. I hope we do a good job.”

Though the new series is leaning in to having a social conscience, its stars are careful to stress it won’t leave viewers rolling their eyes. “It should be cathartic,” says Mantock. “We’re not trying to bash you over the head with a handbook on how to be a good human in this day and age.”

They would, however, like to win over viewers of the original. “I think it’s wonderful to be able to do a show that already has such a passionate fan base,” Jeffery says. “It’s an addition to something that was already so wonderful. We’re not trying to take away from the original in any way. “I just want to make them proud.”

Read Full Article
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 10-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting. Thanks for that.
{DJ Steve}
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Stories from cast members of the original show:

Quote:
Julian McMahon Is Open To A Role on the 'Charmed' Reboot

Cole Turner remains one of actor Julian McMahon's favorite roles, and more than a decade after he ended his run on the original Charmed, the star of the just-released Monster Party told ComicBook.com that he would be open to a role in The CW's reimagined version. Speaking with ComicBook.com in support of Monster Party, his darkly comic new thriller, we asked whether he would consider coming on board Charmed if they came calling.

“Oh, sure. I haven’t seen it, but Charmed has been a big part of my life ever since I was on it, and almost every day somebody says something to me about Charmed and my character on it and how much they loved it,” McMahon said. “I don’t know — this one seems interesting, and I’m excited that they’re revamping something that’s had such a great audience and such a great connection to people. I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve been off the show, but it’s really resonated with people in a beautiful way.”

Source
Quote:
Shannen Doherty Actually Had Some Kind Words For The CW's Charmed Reboot

Shannen Doherty is joining her former co-stars in sharing how she feels about The CW's Charmed reboot. The actress shared her sentiments at 2018's Paris Comic-Con. Doherty weighed in on the new show with these kind words, saying:

"I have seen a lot of people be very mean and very negative and cruel to the new show and the new cast. I want to remind everybody that these are three girls who just want to act. They got a huge opportunity. And I would implore everybody to be a little bit kinder. But let's think of the positives, right? The fact that this is a show, again, about three strong women, again. So you have a show that is being a positive, good influence for a younger generation."

Shannen Doherty's sweet words encouraging kindness will go a long way. Doherty starred on the original Charmed during its first three seasons. She played the eldest sister/Charmed One -- Prue Halliwell.

Source
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 11-03-2018, 08:02 AM
Moderator Support Team
Outlaw Queen

yes please!

~avi by Nikole
Old 11-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'd love to see Julian turn up maybe he can turn up as a good guy (or completely good I should say) for something different though
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 11-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Moderator Support Team
Outlaw Queen

maybe an Elder?

~avi by Nikole
Old 11-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It'd be interesting to see either of them or both of them on the show at some point.
{DJ Steve}
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know that Shannen would do it? I think she's against it still, but wishing them well & against the hate against them? She's somewhere in the middle . While Julian is 'sure, whatever, invite me over'

As fun as it would be, the flip side also is any fan of the original watching may compare the character from the original with the new character on the reboot. If things don't stack up it could work against the reboot. I wouldn't be surprised if they were reluctant to use any main cast members from the original
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 11-05-2018, 06:13 AM
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

It's good they support the newbies

Queen of Babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread